Two big questions - if anyone can help it would be truly appreciated:

(1) I just bought a BB 8830 World Edition and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to get the Desktop Manager software. It did not come with the BB as I bought it used on eBay. I have been googling for hours trying to figure out what I should download and nothing is clear as to what I need to the 8830 or where to get it.

(2) my company uses an exchange server, but has no BES. How do I get my company exchange address book onto my BB?

(3) I'm concerned about "syncing" because I do not want all my personal contacts added into my work PC, I just want my work contacts onto my BB. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance..
    06-27-08 09:18 PM
    Desktop Software

When you install it, pick Internet Service, NOT I REPEAT NOT!!! Enterprise Service.

You cannot sync the Global Address List from your Exchange account. You can however sync the Contact/Personal Contacts in your Outlook.
    06-27-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    06-27-08 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the info - I'm downloading the desktop software now.

Also - I want to remove the "sent from my blackberry" from my signature, I saw the thread about signing up at the verizon internet services. Will that mess up the email setup I have now? Not really sure what that Internet Services thing is.
    06-29-08 05:48 PM
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

That's the website that manages your BB email addresses. You can manage it through your BB via the Setup E-Mail icon or through this website... it's all the same basically. Be sure you setup a userid and password if you haven't done that yet on the BB Setup E-Mail program... it's under one of the links once you're in the management interface... just dig for it, it's there. After that, you will always need to use that userid and password to manage the BIS settings either from your BB or from your PC via the above website link.
    06-29-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD