Hi everyone � first time poster here. I have searched the forum and couldn�t come up with anything that addressed my problem. I have come across this problem several times since I got my 8830 WE in December 2007. Verizon is my provider. Randomly, my Today theme will show that I have 1 unread message. It never indicates if it is a text message or an email from one of my two accounts, so it doesn�t really matter. When this happens, I also have the envelope notification at the top of the screen. I like having both of these features as a notification option � but when this problem happens, I have no new messages. It�s a false notification. The previous times that it has done this, it can take a couple of battery pulls and a few days to stop and reflect my actual message status. This time, I have been trying to get it to go away for much longer than I usually have to. I have pulled the battery at least 10 times over the past several days, for short and lengthy periods of time. It continues. It continues even with receiving real new SMS and email messages. So receiving real messages doesn�t reset it either. I cant figure out what to do to solve this problem, considering my solutions that worked in the past are not working anymore. And if someone can tell me how to prevent this in the future, that would be great. It�s really annoying. Thanks for your help.
    06-03-08 09:13 AM
    Have you checked your saved messages.

Make sure they're all marked as opened.
    06-03-08 09:45 AM
    There was a missed call that I hadnt cleared in my messages. However, that doesnt solve the problem of the Today theme saying "Messages (1 Unread)" when there is no message. This is the problem that it keeps having. The envelope was a new piece, but this message is the long-run issue I've had in the past, and it doesn't respond to checking for unread messages.
    06-03-08 11:37 AM
    This thread might be related to your issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...-screen-23633/
    06-03-08 11:44 AM
    Have you checked your saved messages.

Make sure they're all marked as opened.
    There was a missed call that I hadnt cleared in my messages. However, that doesnt solve the problem of the Today theme saying "Messages (1 Unread)" when there is no message. This is the problem that it keeps having. The envelope was a new piece, but this message is the long-run issue I've had in the past, and it doesn't respond to checking for unread messages.
    Mine is doing the same thing, and I know the saved messages are all deleted. Fail.
    09-12-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD