Does anyone know how, or if I can, set my 8830 up so that when I have my bluetooth earpiece in and on, I can hear the alerts throuh it from email/text? Not so much when I am on a call. I looked through every possible option on the phone, and nothing!

Thanks so much!
    02-01-08 02:09 PM
    **bump**

Anybody got any ideas on this one?
    02-04-08 07:18 AM
    i actually don't think it's possible. i have the moto s9 headset which support ad2p, but even still i don't get my actual .mp3 ringtones in the headset. i hear a standard ring just before my 8830 starts to ring outside of the headset. said that to say this, if ringtones won't stream then more than likely neither will other audible alerts.
    02-04-08 07:56 AM
    What a bummer! All I was looking for was at least some sort of audible just like when a call is coming in. I don't need the actual tone to come through...just something!

Thanks for the response!
    Bob
    02-08-08 10:52 AM
    correct, no ringtones in the b/t headset... upon receipt of a CALL, it sends a signal to the B/T headset which has its own ring tone... thats what you're hearing in the headset...
    02-08-08 12:36 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but for anyone searching...I was recently wondering about the same thing about being able to hear the alert sounds through the headset and my Jabra BT8010 when it's in music mode will play the alerts for sms, mms, and such in the headset. When I'm listening to music I hear the same alert sounds as I do through the phone itself when the headset is off. I'm thinking that it depends on the headsets ability to support music, so a headset that was for calls only probably would not support the alert sounds. I hope this helps anyone wondering about this.
    07-16-08 01:10 PM
    I have a blue ant and it supports music but I do not get mp3 ringtones in it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD