So I have 2 personal emails addresses on my bb, but for some reason I can send emails from my device and when I receive them the only folder that has the red * is the main message folder. I recently got a new bb 8830 and had to reconfigure everything because my other one froze up. I know each folder would show the red * depending on which email address I received the message in. There would always be a red * on the main message folder and what ever email address folder. Also when I would highlight the folder it would tell me the email address and the amount of unread emails, but for some reason that isn't working either. I've deleted the accounts and reconfigured them on my bb and on the bis verizon site, but still no love!

Any ideas?
    05-20-08 08:39 AM
    No one has seen this? What about getting back to the main email set up screen. It's not the one in the menu "E-mail Settings" it's the one when you first set up you phone. I don't know what happen, but I'm guessing I did something wrong on the initial set up screen.

Thanks
    05-20-08 11:05 AM
    I have not seen this before but if you have individual icons for your emails this points to them being set up correctly.

Try a battery pull, with the device powered ON take the battery out for 30 seconds then replace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 11:09 AM
    I have not seen this before but if you have individual icons for your emails this points to them being set up correctly.

Try a battery pull, with the device powered ON take the battery out for 30 seconds then replace.

Wow! Thanks, that seemed to work!
    05-20-08 11:29 AM
    A good old battery pull fixes unusual issues like this

Hopefully all will be ok now.

05-20-08 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD