Hello all-
    I'm fairly new to this world of Blackberry's. For the most part, I love it.
    I have 3 email accounts linked to my device, my work ( a POP3), my personal email (Gmail) and an AOL account ( IMAP, I believe). From other posts, I've seen that the latter two push instananeiously to my handheld. However, my work and therefore my most important account, is managed by my ISP, Optimum Online, and does not seem to come through as quick as the other two accounts ("pull" rather than "push"???). It can lag anywhere from 10-20 minutes. Is there any fixes/advice that anyone can provide? Help is always appreciated.
    Thanks.
    07-17-07 09:00 AM
    gmail is instant if setup through BIS, POP and IMap polls every 15 minutes and then sends it to your BB, then it checks sooner if it receives e-mail. My AOL was setup on BIS as well as 2 IMAP accounts on my own server and they didn't get instant e-mail. My primary e-mail is forwarded to my primary BIS account and keeps a copy for me to download to my laptop at night. Even with the AOL, I wasn't getting instant e-mail.
    07-17-07 09:27 AM
    BIS- is this an 'enterprise' system or the standard system that my bb uses to retrieve email?
    Is there even away to get instant email or I'm getting the best possible as is, right now?
    Thanks.
    07-17-07 09:38 AM
    BIS is the standard system. You can get instant email by using Gmail, or by having your work email forward all those emails to your @blackberry.net email account. You can always set the reply-to address as your work email.
    07-17-07 09:41 AM
    Bsilber1,

What Kasper said is probably the best way to go. When I first got my BB, I called RIM and asked them what you posted here and their responses were exactly what Kasper said and Audit. A friend of mine did what Kasper suggested and she is quite happy now.

Gia
    07-17-07 10:48 AM
    OKay, so if were to do that i would need to disable the actual work email account on my blackberry so i dont have duplicate emails, correct?
    I'll give it a try!
    07-17-07 12:56 PM
    That would be best.
    07-17-07 03:13 PM
    Wow. Thanks everyone for all your help.
    I just have one more question.
    Can the above workaround be used for multiple accounts?
    My boss is thinking of getting a BB and has 3 work-related email accounts.
    07-17-07 10:17 PM
    You can forward as many email accounts as you want to your @blackberry.net address... However, you can only set it up to reply-from one account.
    07-17-07 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD