Hi,

I'm new to the crackberry forum, and unsure where I should post this.

I own a Vzw 8830, and using BIS (I think it is) to forward my personal POP email to the device, and also using the Desktop Redirector to forward my work Outlook email. This set up seems to work fine except for one thing.

My problem is that I do not get delivered and read email recipts from the redirector service. I cannot find anywhere to turn this on/off. This being one of the most common things in the email world, I would have though it would have them. I'm pretty sure my POP set up does it just fine. So, for Desktop Redirector, Is this possible? And if so, how do I turn it on?

Thanks
    Steve
    03-25-08 01:48 PM
    See if you can just setup your work Exchange account in BIS directly. If your company gives access control to your Exchange mailbox via OWA (Outlook Web Access) then it'll work just fine in BIS. This should solve the problem. Redirector blows.
    03-25-08 02:56 PM
    If only

Nah, we don't get any access to out exchange server. Its locked down tighter than a tupperware box. We don't get the web client either.

We do have BES, however, you have to have a company BB to be able to use it. A personal one just won't cut it, thats why I'm stuck with the redirector.

Thanks
    Steve
    03-25-08 03:13 PM
    Now that's lame. Sorry to hear that. What's funny is that the Exchange server is already on the WEB if it provides Internet based email to send and receive. Allowing OWA on port 443 w/SSL certificate from a legit issuer would cause no more of a security risk. In some cases, you using redirector is more of a "backend" security issue then OWA would be. Admins are funny.
    03-25-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD