Hey all--

I'm having a weird issue with my email syncing on my 8830. I use Novell Groupwise with my email account, and whenever I open or delete emails in my actual account on my laptop, I get about 20-30 emails that are weeks old, resent to my blackberry. These are emails that have been long deleted on my phone, so I'm not really sure as to what is causing them to be resent. Does it have to do with whether or not my blackberry wins when there is a conflict?? I'm not sure what is the issue, but it's so frustrating to get 20 emails sent to my phone every time I read an email on my blackberry. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
    05-18-08 10:13 PM
    I don't use Groupwise, and a Google Site Search didn't turn up much here. It sounds like Groupwise is keeping messages on your server after they've been deleted. I've had something similar happen with POP3 email on a Windows Mobile PDA. In that case, if I deleted messages, they would not be re-sent as long as I left them in the deleted items folder on the PDA until their time on the server had expired. That was three days. If I emptied the deleted items folder on the PDA, the messages still on the server would be sent to my PDA again.

This sounds like what you're experiencing. Maybe this info will help point you or your admins to a solution.
    05-18-08 11:05 PM
    Does the blackberry store deleted messages somewhere? If it does, how do I access that folder to permanently delete those messages?

Thanks!
    05-19-08 05:07 PM
    Does the blackberry store deleted messages somewhere?...
    To my knowledge, no. Of course, using Outlook with BES, deleted messages are stored in the Outlook Deleted Messages folder on the PC. With BES, you can delete messages from Outlook's Deleted Messages folder and they don't come back again. I have no knowledge of Groupwise at all.
    05-19-08 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD