After some research on the forums, I think I have this right, but I'd appreciate someone more knowledgable confirming it:

If someone emails me a pdf attachment, the only way I can look at it is via the native 'view attachment' command. If I save it, it saves as a jpg, so I still can't use Repligo (e.g.) to view it properly.. It also saves only 1 page at a time... I'm having a hard time believing this, but it seems to be true.

If this is the case, how do I read (properly, i.e. at a larger size, non-fuzzy) a pdf that someone emails me?

Thx for any responses.
    12-11-08 10:07 AM
    I haven't used Repligo, so I can't help with that. While viewing the pdf, press Menu and select View Text. That will allow you to read the text easily, at least on the document I'm looking at.
    12-11-08 11:52 AM
    Hope this helps. Welcome aboard to CB!
    12-11-08 11:53 AM
    That certainly gets me a step forward. I think Repligo will actually let me look at the pdf email attachment if I'm on System 4.5, but I gather from other threads that this isn't really available for the 8830, and in any case my carrier probably won't support it. Sigh. :-(
    Last edited by buffytvs; 12-11-08 at 03:17 PM.
    12-11-08 03:11 PM
    I can't recommend it, but only because I don't have it. If you look around in this forum, you can find several threads that discuss it. The latest release seems to have had some problems, because a number of folks went back to the previous version. OS4.5 for the 8830 is BETA software. That means you assume all the risk for using it, it may not work properly, and your carrier Customer Service reps won't be able to help you. That said, a lot of folks are using it, so if you can find it, you'll probably be ok. You can't get it from here. Forum policy prohibits the distribution of Beta OS's. Google is your friend.
    12-11-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD