Okay- GREAT site!! I got my BB yesterday and am "fairly" good w/ computers / gadgets, etc...however...... I synced my BB to get all of my Outlook contacts. Great.
    Now my problem.... I have 226 email contacts. I want to lump them into different "groups" (friends, family, business, etc...). I started doing that but I don't want them to appear in the address book OUTSIDE of their assigned "group".
    Example: I put "Heather" in my "friends group". When I open my address book, I don't want to see "Heather" listed....I want to just see a list of "group" names; click on a group; find the contact.
    Does that make sense?

I tried deleting the contact outside of the group I put them in, but that deletes them alltogether. I am frustrated!!!! It may be very simple, or not.

Do I need to get another program to do what I want??

Thanks-
    Nikki ---------> brand new newbie to BB
    10-04-07 03:52 PM
    Don't think you can do that on the BB. Perhaps with a 3rd party app it would let you. But I'm fairly sure you can only show the names in the contact list, not groups. You could use the filter under options and that would split them by group I think - probably the only way to do it for now.
    10-04-07 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD