Has there been a good repair for this? I have looked through the forums for hours and i'm still confused. I have deleted the intellisync folders, deleted all my appointments in the calendar, checked all my contacts for errors, tried 4.6 DM and 4.7. Tried the advanced logging thing. Tried restoring earlier backups. nothing is working!
    I am running an 8830 WE from Alltel, v4.50.160, 4.6.0.19 on the desktop manager, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.8217.8221) SP3. Not sure what other info is needed.
    Please Help!
    g u s
    07-02-09 02:14 PM
    07-02-09 02:29 PM
    Yea I saw that one too. No help. Thanx Eddie.
    07-02-09 02:44 PM
    Not trying to beat a dead horse, but did you try both fixes proposed in the thread? One fix was to look for a contact without a first, last, or company name. The second fix was the longer, more complicated one by drummy.
    07-02-09 02:50 PM
    No problem here. Dead Horses don't mind.
    I got as far as this

"On the LEFT, hit synchronization under configuration (not the synchronize button in the middle). Now on the right hit synchronization and let it run thru till the box "select device application" pops up."

Mine does not do this. Mine runs through to the error. I deleted a bunch of contacts in my list. Anything that looked suspect I deleted.
    07-02-09 03:13 PM
    Okay. I just wanted to make sure no stone was left unturned on this one. Sorry I can't help you any further.
    07-02-09 03:25 PM
    Make a backup copy of your c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst... if it was me I'd make two because I'm just paranoid like that... delete the c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlookoutlook.pst.

Start outlook and it will give you a whole bunch of errors and ask to create a new .pst file. Delete the IntelliSync folder again. Sync and see if your problem goes away. If it does, export the contacts from the old pst file and import them into the new .pst. Sync again and see if your problem is fixed.
    07-03-09 11:24 AM
    Sandsjh,
    Thanx, you are a saint! Maybe you should pass this on to RIM as it was simple and did not take any time to complete. Again, I appreciated it.
    g u s
    07-13-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD