Do you like your 8830 World Edition for VZW?
    03-05-09 07:39 AM
    I love mine! Truly a business(Man/Woman) phone !
    03-05-09 07:41 AM
    I love mine also EXCEPT ring tones are very LOW... That is the only thing I would change/improve on the 8830 WE.
    03-05-09 07:57 AM
    I love mine also EXCEPT ring tones are very LOW... That is the only thing I would change/improve on the 8830 WE.
    Have you downloaded the new os? Also there is a classic ringtone on the top of this thread that is very loud.
    03-05-09 08:03 AM
    8830 is rock solid and the VZW network. A real workhorse that never dies. Yes the new RIM models have bells and whistles but the 8830 does what RIM made their phones to do for the business person the best.
    03-05-09 10:11 AM
    To be honest, being a mac guy I was quite hesitant to get the 8830. I do travel extensively in Europe, so I needed some solution (not many options with Verizon). I have been very happy with the unit. I have been able to do everything I need (address book, calendar sync, etc.) even add third party apps (google, google maps, Opera, etc.). Have been able to update the OS without a hitch. I arrive in Europe, turn the phone on and have instant service. Happy camper here.
    03-05-09 10:15 AM
    I love mine! Truly a business(Man/Woman) phone !
    I've been using mine for 18 months. I was lured to the Storm in November 2008 but after 3 dismal days with faulty HW and a poor OS I came running back to my 8830. Now that I'm running 4.5.0.127 I've never looked back.
    03-05-09 10:29 AM
    I was not happy with the 8830. The low ring tones, the weak vibe...and the GPS being locked was too much. Don't get me wrong I liked it as far as function, but if I got a call while in the car I always missed it beacuse I couldn't hear the ring or feel the vibe. So I switched to the STORM. I am very happy now...no issues. I travel to Brazil about 2 or 3 times a year. My next trip will be soon. I look forward to trying it there.----
    03-05-09 10:34 AM
    I love my 8830WE w/verizon. I would say the one downer is the GPS being locked...VZ navigator is ok, but kind of annoying that I cant get google maps to work more precisely. Other than that, its a solid phone and it looks pretty good.
    03-05-09 02:24 PM
    Ok first of all you can download a ringer that is louder than the stock ones, and second the GPS is not locked!! BBMAPS works great!!!
    03-05-09 02:54 PM
    how is the web browsing capability?
    03-05-09 04:20 PM
    In my opinion GREAT!, if your looking for the fastest web browsing go with the BOLD
    03-05-09 04:53 PM
    Love mine best investment for a phone ever plus lots of support not necessarily for vzw but from lots of owners online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:43 PM
    In my opinion GREAT!, if your looking for the fastest web browsing go with the BOLD
    The Bold's browser is notoriously slow for such a powerful device. The best browser currently available sans-wifi is the Storm's, Bold second. CX has also stated that the 9630 has a better browser than the storm.
    03-05-09 09:13 PM
    Joey, where can I find BBMAPS and dowload it. Any specific things I need to make it work?
    03-06-09 10:43 AM
    BBMAPS should already be on your phone if you have a 4.5 os, go to applications and see if its there, if not use the desktop manager and add it to your phone. If you added it via desktop manager and its still not showing up its probably a theme related issue like i had, just change your theme to an original and it should show up.
    03-06-09 01:28 PM
    For me, the BlackBerry Bold is my "go to" device. For most of the things I do, the Bold is easier, quicker, and more reliable than the Storm. The Storm�s touch-screen may be cooler and more fun to use, but at the end of the day � for productivity � the Bold wins out.If you're considering a Bold, you almost can't go wrong. If you're considering a Storm, be sure you know what you're getting into and ask yourself, "Why do I really want this?" The Storm is buggy, has pervasive lag, and connects slowly; on the plus side, if you want a device that makes and receives calls well, this is for you! Just don't cheek-hit the mute key.
    03-06-09 01:35 PM
    I can use my Bold without having to take off my gloves, but you'll need to go bare-fingered to use the Storm.
    03-06-09 01:36 PM
    The Storm is know to be buggy, just look at all the treads, the bold has WIFI and is a stable phone!
    03-06-09 01:39 PM
    When i first got my BB i thought it was cool. Then os 4.5 came out and now its great. I dont want anything else.
    03-06-09 07:14 PM
    When i first got my BB i thought it was cool. Then os 4.5 came out and now its great. I dont want anything else.
    I agree with you but wait until you see the Niagra!
    03-07-09 12:16 PM
    I love my 8830WE w/verizon. I would say the one downer is the GPS being locked...VZ navigator is ok, but kind of annoying that I cant get google maps to work more precisely. Other than that, its a solid phone and it looks pretty good.

What OS are you using.

The GPS should work if you have 4.5 or higher
    Plus there is a turn by turn GPS app that is free
    Nav4all.com
    03-07-09 10:47 PM
    I have a Curve, and my friend gave me her old WE. She hated it, but I absolutely love this phone. The cool part is that I have my curve on my business line, so I can take pics with that and just BBM it to my WE, if I want the pics on there or whatever.

I really love the keyboard and the phone just is generally amazing.
    03-08-09 12:26 AM
    Is Vz Nav available as well for GPS?
    03-08-09 12:38 AM
    yes it is...
    03-08-09 07:46 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD