Hi all, I am interested in monitoring my 8830's usage of its memory and storage, (both internal and SIM card). I'm lookinig for a tool similar to a Task Manager on PCs or an Activity Monitor in MACs.

The only readout I can find is the info found within the "Status" section of the Options menu or the ALT+SHFT+H feature. I see there are fields that read File Total and File Free but I'm not what they refer to.

Can you help with this effort.

Thx
    12-29-08 11:23 AM
    Hi all, I am interested in monitoring my 8830's usage of its memory and storage, (both internal and SIM card). I'm lookinig for a tool similar to a Task Manager on PCs or an Activity Monitor in MACs.

The only readout I can find is the info found within the "Status" section of the Options menu or the ALT+SHFT+H feature. I see there are fields that read File Total and File Free but I'm not what they refer to.

Can you help with this effort.

Thx
    Free file is available memory that is free to be used. File total is all of the the memory in the phone that is available for use by the OS.
    12-29-08 06:29 PM
    12-29-08 06:38 PM
    Blackberry 101 indeed. I discovered that while I awaited a response.

But it is surprising that after a fresh battery pull, my 47.8megs of total memory goes all the way down to 6.6megs without launching any apps. So 41.2megs, (86,2%) gets eaten up by the OS, network protocols and drivers. That seems very high.

Also, one of the points of my original email was a way to see what processes or apps are using what system resources. Again, similar to a Task Manager. Doesn't Blackberry have such a tool?
    12-30-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD