Tuesday I synched my bb...as I normally do and have been doing for over a year. About an hour later (device still connected to the USB) I got a message that the device could not be recognized. I disconnected, rebooted, etc etc. Now I when I plug it in to the USB there is no connection whatsoever. I've tried a new cable, I've uninstalled and reisinstalled the desk top software... NOTHING, I can't sync it any more.... done all the trouble shooting! Arrggghhhh, I'm shaking, I NEED to sync! Can anyone help!?
    06-05-08 12:46 PM
    Tuesday I synched my bb...as I normally do and have been doing for over a year. About an hour later (device still connected to the USB) I got a message that the device could not be recognized. I disconnected, rebooted, etc etc. Now I when I plug it in to the USB there is no connection whatsoever. I've tried a new cable, I've uninstalled and reisinstalled the desk top software... NOTHING, I can't sync it any more.... done all the trouble shooting! Arrggghhhh, I'm shaking, I NEED to sync! Can anyone help!?
    Welcome to Crackberry!

OK my first question is have you done a battery pull on the phone?
    06-05-08 12:49 PM
    Yep, both with the phone on and the phone off...
    06-05-08 12:56 PM
    Have you tried pluggin into another pc to make sure that the connector on your phone is working properly? BC if other computers dont recognize it then it mat be an issue with the phone... (since u mentioned ur using a new cord that cant be it)
    06-05-08 12:58 PM
    Also if it does work on another computer then you may want to plug it into a different USB port in the original computer as that port may be faulty...
    06-05-08 01:02 PM
    I've tried all the USB ports on my computer. I plugged it in to another computer, it didn't show up in the device manage but that computer didn't have the bb software (don't know if that matters...) It doesn't seem to be charging either. I guess it's the phone. Ugh.
    06-05-08 01:14 PM
    ya if its not charging or connecting then its the USB port on your phone as this port is used for both charging and syncing.... hopefully you have insurance on the phone.... if not call verizon and tell them you want to add it... BC if you have insurance you can take it into a verizon corporate store and the Tech department will trouble shoot the phone...if its somthing they cannot fix then they will swap it out fora working unit free of charge.... however if they say its water damage (hopefully it isnt) then you may want to call the insurance company at that point and say you lost your phone.... they will charge you a 50$ deductible and ship you out a brand new unit in the box hopefully your last backup wasnt too long ago...
    06-05-08 01:18 PM
    It's possible that you lost the USB on your computer. You might want to try a system restore.
    06-05-08 01:42 PM
    Check the drivers in device manager With the BB plugged in. If you see an exclamation point delete them.

Unplug the BB and plug it back in and it will install the drivers.
    06-05-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD