I've installed the 4.5 update but it keeps saying there are not any updates for my blackberry. I've deleted the vendor.xml and tried reinstalling the update three times. I've also uninstalled any other updates that were previously installed.

Any suggestions to make it recognize this?

My current software on the handheld is 4.2.2.66. It is a verizon handheld.
    Last edited by amsgwp; 01-18-09 at 09:06 PM.
    01-18-09 09:04 PM
    Desktop Manager version 4.7 right?

Fix Discovered for OS Upgrade Gone Haywire! | BlackBerryNews.com
    01-18-09 09:10 PM
    Still trying to figure out what I did, but I renamed the vendors.xml file back and it showed up.

Am I going to screw up my bberry by not deleting the vendors.xml?

I have verizon and I don't know what service this update is made for...
    01-18-09 09:10 PM
    Still trying to figure out what I did, but I renamed the vendors.xml file back and it showed up.

Am I going to screw up my bberry by not deleting the vendors.xml?

I have verizon and I don't know what service this update is made for...
    I have the same problem. When I delete the .xml file, DM says "no software update is required". When the .xml file is not deleted, DM says it is ready to install the new OS. The leak was downloaded from Mediafire but I don't know for what carrier. Same question .......... install or not ............ tks

I re-installed DM without MediaManager or the Check Updates feature. I deleted the Vendor.xml file and 4.5.0.77 installed without problems on third try; however, updated OS does not include ring tones so you will have to fix that. This is not a problem as CB has free ones that are superior to the original BB tones.
    Last edited by jmackc; 01-20-09 at 07:30 AM. Reason: correction
    01-19-09 03:26 PM
    I returned the Storm and went back to the 8830. Did not change profile ... sorry
    01-19-09 03:29 PM
    I ran the update and it worked fine on my verizon 8830we
    01-19-09 03:44 PM
    Use the apploader icon that is in the same folder that you delete the vendor.xml file from. That will simplify the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 10:10 PM
    My verison says v4.2.2.196 for sprint. Does anyone knows if that is up to date or not? I tried to do this on desktop manager and it said my phone is up to date but i dont think it is
    01-20-09 10:25 PM
    To the first few: When you install the OS on the computer, delete the vendor.xml file (you need to do that if the OS is from another carrier that is not your carrier of service), and it doesn't show you the option to update -- disconnect the internet and restart Desktop Manager. The newer versions of DM (4.6 and 4.7) go to the internet and query BlackBerry's servers to see if that OS was made/released for your specific device (based on the Vendor ID the hardware reports). There are several threads regarding this if you want more information.

To the person above me about Sprint: I believe it is. Sprint is behind on releasing a new OS for their devices. You can use the OS from another carrier *as long as* it was made for that specific device. Only use one that says it is for the 8830, NOT the 8800/8810/8820 etc
    01-20-09 10:36 PM
    I believe that 4.2.2.196 is the latest official release from any carrier for the 8830WE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 10:53 AM
    oh ok. thanks for answering me. I just kept seeing all these updates but when i do mines, it says it up to date. Thanks again guys
    01-21-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD