I tried to upgrade to DM 4.7, but I keep getting an error telling me that the feature I am trying to use is no a network resource that is unavailable. It keeps asking me to find a folder with the installation package 'BlackBerry8830.msi', and it is looking in my temporary files.

I bagged the DM 4.7, and tried to go back to DM 4.5, and I got the same error. Any thoughts?
    01-20-09 06:09 AM
    What Process did you go through when unistalling the DM Software.

Also 4.7 is typically designed for the 9500 models.

Stick with 4.5

Regards,
    Joser1970
    01-20-09 07:44 AM
    I did the Start\Control Panel\Add and Remove Programs. Any issues with that that I don't know?

I can stick with 4.5, but like I said, I am having the same issues with that as well.
    01-20-09 07:51 AM
    Are you doing a reboot on your PC after each unistallation?..

Also where are you downloading the DM Software from?.
    01-20-09 10:52 AM
    I've been doing the reboot. I've also been downloading from the blackberry.com download site.
    01-20-09 12:27 PM
    Check the blackberry website for knowledbase article on this issue. I had this issue once before with Vista trying to upgrade to 4.6 from 4.3. It involved cleaning keys out of the registry though. The article was spot on with instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 09:39 PM
    Thanks for the tips, but still no luck. I have done the clean uninstall procedure and I even downloaded the Windows Installer program. As far as I can tell, I have wiped this clean. I get no errors when I install the DM 4.5, but every time I try to start the program, it keeps looking for this BlackBerry 8830.msi installation package. It is looking for this in a folder that I cannot find on my machine.

The only thing that I can think of that is that my company just changed our system from Novell to Outlook, and I have new passwords, and possibly new folders?

I do appreciate the help, but I am still confused and getting frustrated.
    01-22-09 08:20 AM
    I'm still unable to get this issue resolved. I have searched for this BlackBerry 8830.msi file everywhere on my machine, and it does not exist. I followed all the steps on the proper install/uninstall procedures for DM. I have tried every version from DM 4.3 to DM 4.7, and nothing is working. I don't get any errors while installing the software, but as soon as I try to launch DM, I keep getting this error looking for this installation package file. After I try to cancel out of this error message, it keeps popping up until I end the process through task manager.

I've searched through these forums, and the forums on BBF, and none of the solutions work for me. Is there somewhere that I can download this msi file? I don't know if it matters, but I am running 4.5.0.101 on my 8830.
    01-26-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD