so when i get an alert that i have a new text, i open the sms folder and the new message is highlighted. many times i don't need to read the text, so i hit the bb button and select delete BUT it deletes the previous message, not the one that is highlighted! i don't get it.
    09-05-08 12:56 PM
    Since it's been three hours without anybody posting an obvious answer, I'll offer a couple of possibilities: 1) you are rolling the ball as you press it, and selecting a message just above or just below the one you intended as you delete. 2) Another message is arriving as you are deleting, pushing the message stack down one and causing you to delete the message that occurred next in time after the one you intended.

These are just possibilities. Maybe the bump will draw other, better, answers.
    09-05-08 03:54 PM
    Are you by any chance keeping your BB in a holster when that SMS comes in? Because if you are, that's a known bug. Well, at least for me it is.. lol.

Similar things happen when you get a Voicemail indicator, you pull the BB out and it opens that notification, but doesn't mark it read appropriately in the SMS folder. It's whack, I know.
    09-05-08 04:33 PM
    i don't use a holster, but that is what happens. i try to delete the voice mail notification and it wipes out the last text entry instead. i guess i'll just stop deleting things. grrr.
    09-10-08 11:45 AM
    What if with the message selected, instead of pressing the BB button and selecting "Delete," you just press the "Delete" key on your keyboard? Does it still delete the wrong message?
    09-10-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD