OK, i hope this isn't a repeated question, but I was looking everywhere for this:

I tried deleting my personal gmail account from my 8830. I did everything the forum told me to do, I went into my service book and deleted my email address. But it still comes up. I even did a battery pull 3 times!

I don't really know the difference between a BES and BIS -- I think my company is on a BES? BUT I do rememeber going onto a link on my BB and setting up my gmail account. Here's the thing, I went on that BIS website for Sprint and tried to log on to delete it from there, but I don't remember my username. It does NOT give me the option to find out what it is (ie -- forgot username, forgot password).

So now what do I do?
    10-18-07 04:04 AM
    You need to get your username for the BIS site so you can login. You need to delete the account from there to get it to go away for good. Check on your device and see what your Blackberry email is (if you have one) and try that username to login.
    10-18-07 09:16 AM
    i'm sorry, now I am starting to think the BIS site is messed up. I have tried every single username imaginable for me and it's telling me they're all not right. I looked at another thread and it looks like someone was having the same problem too.

I even did a "forgot password" and it did send it to my bb --- and it was something i always use, I just can't seem to get my dag on username.

i'm so frustrated!
    10-18-07 02:20 PM
    Check on your device and see what your Blackberry email is (if you have one) and try that username to login.

That's the funny thing, I don't have a BB email account on my BB -- it's a stupid gmail account. That's what makes it so annoying, I get nothing but spam and it gets mixed in with my important work email. There's got to be a way around it --- I am starting to think the BIS site is wacked, because now when I exit the page and get back on it, (without even typing anything) the pop up comes up and tells me the info is wrong?
    10-18-07 02:28 PM
    Hey Jane,

Try this. If you do not see this icon below hold alt and click wheel/ball
    then select show all to show all the icons..

1. Click on the Personal Email set up

2. It should show the gmail address and other email that is set up

3. Click on the email address you want to delete or Select Delete
    12-16-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD