Hey everyone, I told my wife I would ask on here for a solution to her problem if there is one. She is set up on a outlook/exchange server. What happens all the time is that eventually her email fills up and then when she tries to send a email from her crackberry it says that because she has used the allotted size for her email box she must delete emails. Now because most of the time she is on the road she cant delete them directly from the server. Is there not a way with BES as with BIS that you can delete from the handheld and have them delete from the outlook/exchange server too? She is getting very frustrated with this and her IT people have told her it cant be done! If you need more information or anything that would further help please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    03-05-09 07:33 PM
    Hey everyone, I told my wife I would ask on here for a solution to her problem if there is one. She is set up on a outlook/exchange server. What happens all the time is that eventually her email fills up and then when she tries to send a email from her crackberry it says that because she has used the allotted size for her email box she must delete emails. Now because most of the time she is on the road she cant delete them directly from the server. Is there not a way with BES as with BIS that you can delete from the handheld and have them delete from the outlook/exchange server too? She is getting very frustrated with this and her IT people have told her it cant be done! If you need more information or anything that would further help please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Tell your wife to log into her BIS/BES account; whichever one she has. Click on "edit" to the email she wants to change and there is an option to delete items. Place a checkmark in the little box that says "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." and then save.
    03-05-09 07:43 PM
    By log into BIS/BES account you mean the same account where you go to set up emails and send service books? Now the next thing she is going to tell me is that she knows nothing about her account since she had nothing to do with setting it up so is it safe to say her IT person would have this information? This the government of BC after all. The phones come straight from victoria with her email and everything programmed into it.
    Last edited by spidinator; 03-05-09 at 08:35 PM.
    03-05-09 08:25 PM
    I think also you can open email on the BB and under Options>email reconciliation it says delete on: and just choose between handheld, mailbox&handheld or prompt.
    03-05-09 10:53 PM
    Hawkins solution is what you would use if you are set up to sync with Exchange using BES. This is what sounds like you wife is doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD