Got a couple questions that I can't figure out. My service provider is Sprint if it makes a difference.

1. Anytime I attempt to watch a video via a browser link it always says that the page is too big to download. Can you not watch streaming video? Must you download it first?

2. What good does a Mini-SD provide for you? I usually delete my emails, texts, etc. immediately upon reading them so I don't think I'm running out of memory. However, if I needed to download videos in order to watch them I suppose that's what it's for????

3. If you get a Mini-SD how do you save stuff to it? I haven't seen an option to save to any particular place.

4. Finally is there some place you can go to see what if anything is saved on your BB? I know you can look at applications, but assuming I wanted to save an email (which I've done a time or two) where does it go? I've never found it again.

Sorry for the basic newbie questions but somebody's probably got some answers.
    05-14-08 10:42 PM
    1) The OS on your BB is not capable of playing streaming videos. There is 3rd party sw that will allow that.

2)You will be able to store pics, ring tones, music files on a media card. For your BB 4gb is the max that will work.

3)Save files to the media card with the DM media manager or MS explorer

4)If you save messages - Messages > Menu > View saved messages &
    Messages > Menu > View Folder
    05-14-08 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. My BB currently says that I have:

17,020,764 File Free
    47,841,280 File Total

I only have a couple 3rd party apps on my BB and everything else came with it. Can Mini-SD cards hold applications and act like RAM? I doubt it but maybe.

Is 17MB free generally sufficient? At what point do people start having problems with repsect to performance?
    05-14-08 11:16 PM
    Less than 12MB will be pushing it.
    05-15-08 04:51 AM
    No. You have to install the 3rd party apps on the device memory. The Mini-SD cards are refered to as media cards for that reason.

It is wise to keep your BB free of clutter. For better performance do this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    05-15-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD