my dad just bought a 8830 off ebay and his contacts are showing the company as a sub-line under the names and he only wants them to be one line. is there a way to do this without deleting the information?
    05-28-09 03:41 PM
    The company for each contact is supposed to be right under the contacts name. That's how they designed it. Not sure if theres any other way of having it, unless you want to put the company name after the last name of the contact.
    05-28-09 09:21 PM
    Are you asking if there is a way to only sync the name and not the company name? What are you syncing from? outlook? gmail? yahoo?
    05-28-09 09:27 PM
    im syncing from outlook..but im asking if there is a way to just show the name in the address book. instead of showing the name and the company underneath it.

so instead of it being like:

John Smith
    soso company

can it just show:

John Smith
    05-31-09 10:48 AM
    im syncing from outlook..but im asking if there is a way to just show the name in the address book. instead of showing the name and the company underneath it.

so instead of it being like:

John Smith
    soso company

can it just show:

John Smith
    I just checked the address book options on my phone, and I don't think there is a way to accomplish this.
    05-31-09 11:00 AM
    Hi, I am having a similar issue. Had an 8110 (i know i know the old old phone) which in contact display would show like this:

katie fenton - aviemore business solutions
    gavin fenton - severn internet

now all of a sudden it displays like this:

katie fenton
    aviemorebusiness solutions
    ------
    gavin fenton
    severn internet
    -----
    another person with no company

another person with no company

I have tried to remove these giant gaps by selection lines or by selecting shade but it is sooo not working - very frustrating as if you have to scroll through your contact list you could be scrolling for double the amount of time... has anyone got any ideas?
    06-03-09 11:25 AM
    Maybe a change made in OS upgrade
    06-03-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD