I have two computers and neither seem to recognize when I have my Blackberry plugged in?
    I wanted to do some transferring of music etc, and cannot as it just doesn't want to recognize that it is plugged into the USB port.
    I have had this BB for over a month, but have finally had time to sit and work with it and now I cannot work with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie
    07-20-08 06:03 PM
    use Desktop Manager. It should recognize the Berry.
    07-20-08 06:04 PM
    It doesn't!
    07-20-08 06:05 PM
    yikes. That's strange. I'm not sure what else you could try. Sorry!!!
    07-20-08 06:07 PM
    Are you using the standard USB cable that came with your Blackberry? Is your Blackberry turned on when you plug it in? Have you tried a battery pull?
    93Aero likes this.
    07-20-08 06:08 PM
    I was wondering about the cord, but I have even tried a different cord and nothing?
    07-20-08 06:09 PM
    I haven't tried a battery pull.
    07-20-08 06:10 PM
    Ok have you ever done a battery pull? It basically closes all programs and sort of "refreshes" your device. It often does help, you should give it a try
    07-20-08 06:11 PM
    No, never done it!
    07-20-08 06:12 PM
    well some funky things are happening, and things appear like they may get recognized?
    07-20-08 06:14 PM
    Ok, well pull out the battery completely for about 30 seconds or so, it really doesn't matter that much, but then just put it back in and let your phone reboot. It will take a couple minutes to reboot, but don't worry, it's normal. Then try plugging it into your computer and get back to me
    07-20-08 06:15 PM
    nope nothing changed!
    07-20-08 06:16 PM
    have you tried plugging into a different USB slot? Rebooting the computer? It's just weird cause it seems to be more of a BB thing than a computer issue since it's happening on TWO separate computers.
    07-20-08 06:18 PM
    I think I have it finally! I had to go to the options and connections pull down, and enter a usb connection!
    07-20-08 06:19 PM
    there wasn't one entered to begin with? Not sure why, but things seem to be working now
    Thanks for the help!
    Debbie
    07-20-08 06:19 PM
    Glad things are workin' out for ya... I know how things like that can be very frustrating
    07-20-08 06:22 PM
    YAY!! I'm glad you got it working!
    07-20-08 06:25 PM
    i had the same problem. i plged the blackberry into the usb while the batt was out of the it. the computer recognized it right away and installed the software.
    08-30-08 12:23 PM
    Curve 8900

This morning I didn’t have the charger. I use the USB cable connected to my laptop. When you connect it to the laptop I use to get a message pop up – “Doo you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode? You might not be able to access some media files in this mode” YES/NO and a cage to tick – “Don’t ask again”. I ticked and clicked NO accidentally. Now my PC Detects it but it cannot recognize the device. I need to reset my BB for what it was. Please help. I need the pop up to come back.

While I typed this I found the solution. Hope this would be helpful for someone. On the Curve 8900 (Javelin) Go to OPTIONS – MEMORY – AUTO ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE WHEN CONNECTED:……… FROM – NO SELECT PROMPT J
    11-25-09 01:43 AM
    I've tried everything. I've tried doing the battery pull. I've also tried connecting with the battery out. I've tried rebooting the computer and the phone. I've tried to update the USB drivers (they were already current). I've tried different ports and different USB cables (one that I've had and one that came with the phone). I uninstalled the desktop manager and reinstalled from a new download. When I connected the Blackberry after starting the program, it rebooted the phone, which I thought was a good sign. But I'm stuck on the screen that says to make sure your device is connected before proceeding. I have the charging icon on the phone, but only for a few seconds. The phone is not recognized in the BB desktop manager or as an external storage device in My Computer. This is a new problem. I've been able to connect just fine in the past. What else can I do?
    Last edited by hschiel; 01-14-10 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Left out some info
    01-14-10 07:59 PM
    same problem with my storm. I've sync'd it with my mac a couple of times in the past, but now it's not recognized by the desktop manager. I've restarted both, done a battery pull, tried the cord in several different usb ports, to no result. I am using the cord that came with the storm. Any advise?

Thanks
    02-19-10 02:24 PM
    hschiel same exact problem
    Please can anyone help
    Thank you
    04-24-10 02:00 AM
    Are you on a "work" computer and the USB has been disabled? I/T can sometimes do this remotely and it wastes a ton of time trying to figure out what is wrong. Happened to my boss...
    04-26-10 07:44 AM
    Anyone knows the solution for this?
    I have the same problem with my curve 8320. Please helppp!!
    I guess my case is IT policy but im unable to conect it by usb or bluetooth.

Any idea?

thanks
    06-12-11 06:28 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Where is the "options and connections" pull down.
    Thanks!
    07-06-11 06:44 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD