It'd be nice if one knew what MicroSD to buy as soon as they get their new BB.

Kingston's MicroSD (TransFlash) Card 1GB w/SD adapter - Works
    07-12-07 11:43 PM
    You should have just got the 2GB card. I'm sure it would have only been a couple of dollars more...
    07-13-07 04:53 AM
    Both the SanDisk 2GB MicroSD & SanDisk 4GB MicroSDHC cards work in the 8830.
    07-13-07 09:21 AM
    SanDisk does indeed work, just be aware that it might not work at first if you try to format it within the 8830. If it fails, format it in a laptop or a Palm device (it took less than a second in that one).
    07-13-07 11:26 AM
    Nav I had to agree with you 2 GB would be better option...In the city where I live I pay premiums on accessories, I didn't want to wait for or pay shipping but deals are out there on the web. I believed the 4 GB would be ideal although it cost more per GB per se. As it is not that convenient to shuffle the MicroSD cards on 8830, I' prefer to wait till 4GB price come down and that will be one time solution. My wait would only be worth while if I could get a higher speed MicroSD at a lower price...But as EmptyInTheHead says, 4GB from SanDisk works and you can get it Today, if money is not an issue then why wait...The new user also have to beware not to destroy the thin metal slot when installing...You have to slide the card into the metal slot first before you press really hard...or just make sure you don't force anything into place, everything should simply click together with no effort.

p.s. I have also just noticed that the crackberry's Store already provided some selection, I guess that almost served my original question right there...
    07-13-07 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD