The media player is still listing a directory of old songs that are no longer on my memory card and none of the new songs I copied over are displaying. If I hover over "Music" in the main menu and select the menu button, I can Explore the memory card and it shows the correct songs, but the media menu that sorts by ID3 tag data isn't updating.

Formatting the mem card doesn't resolve the problem, it's a function of the media player itself that is the issue - anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? Is there a hard reboot option (pulling the battery doesn't work) that will clear certain things with out restoring to factory default?
    01-03-08 12:42 PM
    BlackBerry software/OS is the the problem. if that happens, a simple reset (take battery out with BlackBerry on) will usually solve the problem. When uploading media to your card, after disconnecting from the computer, wait awhile before actually loading up media player and searching through songs. I find sometimes that when I go to play a song right after, all the songs haven't been loaded properly. Usually waiting a bit letting the BlackBerry do it's thing works. (For me anyway..)
    01-03-08 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will try those and see. I happened to be updating my desktop/handheld software to newer versions which have seemed to clean up the problem for now but if they occur again I'll try what you suggest.
    01-03-08 09:27 PM
    Ok, I never was able to clear the cache by removing the battery because I have a case on my bb and don't really feel like removing it over and over. So instead I found a workaround.

Go to the 'Media' app.
    Hit the 'Menu' button
    Select 'Explore'
    Navigate to the parent folder of the folder you want to play
    Hit the 'Menu' button
    Select 'Play Subfolder'

This works for me because I have my albums organized in folders and I just copy folders to my bb via USB. Hopefully this will help you.

Kevin
    01-11-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD