I have heard that when charging the blackberry, you shouldn�t use the USB as is can break and you will never get a new phone unless you argue hardcore. Instead, you should use a RIM charger that connects to the two metal prongs below the USB port. I was wondering if this was true or not? If so, where can I get one?
    02-09-09 10:54 AM
    My dad has the same device as you for about 3 years and charges it via USB always, works just fine. I have heard stories about people breaking the USB connnector. Might want to go with a BlackBerry OEM cradle charger, very nice...
    02-09-09 11:00 AM
    sweeeet deal. thanks
    02-09-09 11:01 AM
    I have gone through two phones with this problem and both times they didn't give me an issue. Reason being is that I don't think anyone in their right mind would think I'm intentionally breaking my USB port because then what use would I have with a phone that won't charge. I'm a heavy user who uses not only my charger at home but also a USB cable to connect it to the computer. But I will try that cradle as well because quite frankly I'm sick and tired of reprogramming my phone.
    02-09-09 12:41 PM
    The OEM BlackBerry cradle charger is inexpensive, looks very nice and stops charging when your battery reaches 100%. I like the LED BB logo on the front of the charger, it is cool...
    02-09-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD