very new to the bb world and trying to figure out what i can put on here to make it a little more fun? any ideas? i would like to try and get the maps to work so i could use the bb as a navigation system instead of buying one.
    06-18-08 10:38 PM
    I'm not familiar with Cellular South. Try it and see.
    Options/Advanced Options/GPS:
    GPS data source should default to "Device GPS."
    Set GPS Services to "Location ON."
    Start BBMaps, Menu/Options/GPS Source: "Device GPS" (or whatever's equivalent)
    Back to the BBMaps main menu, if you have a menu item called "Start GPS Navigation," click it to start. Using an internal GPS, you may not have this. I don't know.

Let us know how it works. Welcome to the forums!
    06-18-08 11:10 PM
    I"m with CSouth and once you turn the GPS on you're as good as going. NO GPS crippling on this network.
    06-21-08 05:12 PM
    I'm with CSouth and i cant get my gps to work! it keeps saying searching for satellites. Help
    06-22-08 10:27 PM
    Make sure you're outdoors with a clear view of the sky in all directions.

Did you follow the steps I outlined in Post #2?
    06-22-08 10:33 PM
    Correct. It usually takes a minute to lock in on a location when you're in doors or surrounded by trees or buildings. It does work though.
    06-22-08 10:35 PM
    My 8830 does not lock onto a sat either, no matter how long i let it sit outside in CLEAR view of the sky. I called Csouth about this and they said that they do not support it, and do not know when or if they will.

This is kinda low as it is advertised even on csouth sight as gps capable.
    11-30-08 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD