Okay, got my 8830 in and have been cruising along very nicely thanks to many of the posts and blogs I have read here already. The other day I updated my OS to 176 and downloaded the BB Desktop Manager 4.3 per the sticky on this forum.

I started trying to sync my POP3 account at work. No problem for contacts, calendars, to-do lists, etc. However, the option to "Reconcile Messages" is greyed out! If I understand I have to be able to select this option to sync all my emails between my Outlook client (2003 SP1 version, 11.6359.6360) and BB Desktop Manager.

What gives? I am new to BB land and was loving it until this snag. Any and all help is much appreciated.

02-22-08 08:33 AM
    You cannot sync mail and messages on a BIS account, only Calendar, Address Book, Memos and Tasks will sync.

For mail reconcile, you need BES.
    02-22-08 08:52 AM
    WTF? So there is no way I can sync emails between my Outlook and BB? That seems ********. I can understand not being able to do it wirelessly because that is the point of the BES but if I am hooked to a USB cable it seems logical I should be able to sync somehow.

Part of the appeal was being able to send/receive emails and staying connected to my office when I wasn't in the office. That would include having past email history with me.

Do WM devices offer a sync capability? Perhaps I chose the wrong phone for me.
    02-22-08 09:01 AM
    You don't have to cuss.

No you can't sync mail and messages on BIS via cable. It is a quite simple matter to know before purchasing the device.

Perhaps you did choose the wrong device. It happens.
    02-22-08 09:03 AM
    You can use Desktop Redirector. This will forward your desktop emails to your BB.
    02-22-08 09:31 AM
    I apologize for the language. I was just very disappointed and frustrated as I thought the phone did this. I realize there is a plethora of information out there but I kept hearing about people syncing their email and thought they meant their normal email.

I did visit with some iPhone owners today and they confirmed their phones act the same as the BB does on the BIS account. I don't really know any WM owners, or I'd visit with them too but it sounds like they all act pretty much the same way.

Just out of curiosity if I had an imap account, would I have all my emails on the BB? Just looking for a work around.
    02-22-08 06:03 PM
    Have you tried just forwarding your emails to a blackberry email account? That seems to work for me, I just don't have all my history with me.
    02-22-08 09:10 PM
    I guess I could forward everything. The problem is I currently have around 800-1000 emails saved & organized in folders and it would be a time consuming task.

I work in construction management and each of my various contractors have their own folder so when I receive or send an email I can file appropriately. Many times I need to reference those files and they are handy to have.

This brings me to my next question. Is there a way to create folders on the BB so I can setup a similar archive on my phone? Or do I need a different program?
    02-23-08 08:26 AM
    i did an update on the DM as well and lost my ability to even use the Redirector, its totally not on my pc anymore even after a reinstall from the cd. i'm trying to download from verizon's bb site now to get the latest DM i hope. hopefully it will bring back the ability to sync as i had it before i updated the DM software...and yup, i'm on BIS too...
    02-27-08 11:17 PM
    Ummm, if you use BIS, you don't need Redirector.
    02-28-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD