Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't edit SMS text sounds?

I am new to the BB world and have an odd problem. I have a Blackberry 8830 WE that was passed through a company that did an upgrade. It needed an IT policy wiped, which is completed now, but the IT policy wipe also wiped all the sounds off the BB (yes, ALL of them). I am downloading new ones from this site, and finally have ringtones again. However when I go into Profiles and try to set a sound for SMS texts, messages, etc, it won't let me edit. I can edit the phone setting, but nothing else. For the record, this is what is happening....
    Profiles: click scroll ball -> Advanced: click scroll ball -> Normal (Active): click menu -> Edit: click scroll ball -> Phone: click menu -> Edit: click scroll ball -> opens the edit screen and all is good
    Profiles: click scroll ball -> Advanced: click scroll ball -> Normal (Active): click menu -> Edit: click scroll ball -> SMS Text: click menu -> Edit: click scroll ball -> nothing happens

It is with every category (SMS text, messenger, calender, etc) except phone, and it is every type of profile (loud, quiet, even new profiles). Is something deactivated on my phone? Any advice on how to fix this? I can send and receive texts just fine.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,149 Global Posts

It sounds like there might be a COD file missing. Unfortunately I no longer have an 8830, and can't tell you what it might be. You could try reloading your OS. That will replace any missing files. It won't reinstall your IT policy.