Hi Everyone,

This is my first time using a BlackBerry and I'm pretty use to it by now (basic usage of the device), but I'm having a hard time removing ringtones. I downloaded some via WAP and they worked fine. But when I went through Media>Ring Tones to delete the ones that I had downloaded the phone isn't responding the way it should be.

I can delete the ringtone, but the filename will still be there, listed with the default ringtones. The listing is there but if you try to preview the ringtone it won't work. So the actual ringtone is not there, but it's still listed as if it was.

Is there a way to get rid of those entries? It's just annoying that's all.

Thanks!

-TT
    07-09-07 03:39 PM
    Reboot the device. It's a "caching" issue with the Media Player. I found this bug a long time ago when I got the phone. Same thing happens with the videos (preloaded also). Just battery pull and all will be well.
    07-09-07 04:19 PM
    Nice one! Thanks for the tip JRSCCivic98! It was driving me insane!
    07-09-07 04:35 PM
    It was driving me insane!
    Yeah, me too. I deleted that stupid Sample Video that came with the phone and then was surprised to still see the "pointer" in the Media Player under Videos. I was like OMFG!!!, RIM software developers are fraking *******. I did a reset and was happy to see the pointer gone, but honestly... RIM software developers are still ******* for missing this little bug.
    07-09-07 11:06 PM
    I just wanted to say how awesome you guys are. This BB newbie was so frustrated to see the deleted content still sitting in the media player, logged in here, and got the answer! Thanks JRSCCivic98!
    09-26-07 10:20 AM
    Few weeks ago when I just got my BB I had same problem. I saw tht the battery pull was suggested for many things so I decided to try tht and it worked!
    When it rebooted the file names were gone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-07 11:20 AM
    One Google search for "delete ringtone blackberry 8830" and I found CrackBerry.com. I purchased mine last night and ran smack into this problem on day 2. Thanks for the quick access to precise and relevent knowledge!

I'm feeling myself being drawn in to the 8830, up most of the night discovering and playing around with it. Could this thing be addictive?
    10-28-07 03:37 PM
    Yes it is addictive dbartholomew
    Welcome !!!
    10-28-07 05:47 PM
    Thanks alot. That was becoming a pain!!!
    11-08-07 09:42 PM
    This is a great site for learning. When I send a message from my BB it says that on the bottom of the message. Can that be changed?
    11-09-07 12:29 PM
    This is a great site for learning. When I send a message from my BB it says that on the bottom of the message. Can that be changed?
    Yes. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...ignature-4980/
    11-09-07 12:32 PM
    Lagerstatten and JRSCCivic98, thank you.

I just experienced this today with the BB 8830. You figure they would've sorted this issue by now...
    01-03-08 01:50 AM
    not working when i turned it off then on again
    i have the blackberry 8830
    someone help!
    01-18-08 06:32 PM
    someone help!
    Press Alt. + Right Shift + Del.
    01-18-08 11:15 PM
    someone help!
    Why are you turning it off? That does nothing. It's not turning off the phone and clearing the memory. I said to PULL THE BATTERY.
    01-19-08 01:43 PM
    Press Alt. + Right Shift + Del.
    You need to be careful with this suggestion. What you don't know is that on the first reboot it's a warm reboot. You must do another one right after the RED Led turns off in order to force a cold reboot (similar to battery pull). Sometimes a warm reboot doesn't clear up problems.
    01-19-08 01:45 PM
    i have the same problem with the rintones not deleting
    and after i reboot it there gone which is great but what
    the whole rebooting is to much of a process to deleting
    ringtones how can i just get it to stop without rebooting?
    09-04-08 03:37 PM
    ok thanks i will try it hopefully it will erase the problem.

also how can i use my ringtones for my messageing?
    09-04-08 03:42 PM
    i pulled the batterie twice and it did not work
    09-04-08 04:21 PM
    Awsome I can now sleep at night. This was bugging me for the last two nights.
    03-27-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD