I've just moved over from Palm after 15 years so am still learning...slowly!

I've always used ACT 6 and Palm syncing pretty smoothly between them. I use ACT Task and Palm To-Do's routinely because I could link a specific task to a specific customer. To this point, I've not been able to figure out if that is possible on the 8830. That is, can I enter a new Task and associate it with a Contact? And then if so.... can it be Sync'd back to ACT and show up properly in ACT To-Do?

Another question. After finally getting the BBDM installed and syncing Calender the first time. It appears that all of the ACT calendar events where entered twice on the BB. Why would that occur?

Last question for now. When syncing Contacts it takes FOREVER! I've got 600+ customers and contact in the ACT DB and it seems like its reading and adding all of them each time it syncs. Is this what's happening and if so can it be fixed?

Thanks for any and all advice as I try to learn the language of a whole new world!
    08-18-07 12:28 AM
    In Desktop Manager, select Synchronize. Then Configuration, then Configure Synch. Select Tasks and hit the Choose button on the top right hand side. Make sure Sage Act is selected (assuming you are still using Act.) If you then hit the Options button, there is a box to check "Show Contact Name in todo Description."
    08-20-07 12:57 PM
    I have tried doing this. However when I click the Sage Act tab it no longer shows ok highlighted. Anyone have a clue whats up?
    09-22-07 11:50 AM
    I have tried doing this. However when I click the Sage Act tab it no longer shows ok highlighted. Anyone have a clue whats up?
    I just got my BB8830 and I have the very same problem.
    10-02-07 05:59 PM
    I figured it out. In the Notes section of the Task enter "Link: [Contact Name]" where [Contact Name] is the 1st name last name of the ACT! contact you want to link the task to. The next time you synch the To Do/Task will be linked to the contact and the person's phone number will also appear in the Note section of the task. Sweet! I luv my Storm2!
    11-17-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD