easy workaround:
    just post the URL, but change the "http" to "httX" and then remind us all to switch "httX" to "http" when we copy and paste.

httx://www.crackberry.com
    don't forget to replace "httx" with "http"
    Huh. :P I just went out among the other posts out there, and tried to be helpful for 8 posts.
    11-13-07 03:49 PM
    i have a 2gig card in my 8830 but i found that it lags a lot more than when i didn't have a card in. in my opinion i would suggest getting a smaller card it doesn't even have camera capabilities so it doesn't really matter unless you are using it just for music
    11-15-07 01:25 PM
    I have a 8830 from Sprint and the 4GB micro card works great. They are realeasing a 30 gb card in 2008, but I believe the latest rev in the 8830 will only support 4 GB to date.
    11-23-07 12:46 PM
    I'm a sprint technician and can confirm that the 8830 can indeed handle up to a 4gb HC card. There is no patch as of yet to support higher than a 4gig card, but one should become available in the future. Should being the operative word.
    11-25-07 10:46 PM
    Found this on the web:

SDHC or SD High Capacity is the newest memory card format and is only compatible with the latest devices which show the SDHC logo. SD HC cards start at 4GB and are currently available up to 8GB. SD HC was invented to allow for new digital devices that use high megapixel cameras and high quality video. SDHC memory cards also come in 3 speeds. These are
    class 2 , class 4 and class 6. These are all measures of read/write speed in MBp/s.
    Hmmm, my Sandisk is the slowest - Class 2. Guess I should have done more research before buying
    So 8830 can use a 4GB max card, but does anyone know if it can also use the faster class 4 or class 6 rated cards?
    01-07-08 01:55 AM
    So 8830 can use a 4GB max card, but does anyone know if it can also use the faster class 4 or class 6 rated cards?
    It can use a class 4 card, as I have a 4GB class 4 in my 8830 and it's working fine.
    01-07-08 08:54 AM
    Sounds like class 4 will work but will class 6 work as well just operate at the class 4 speed? Considering the faster card if new firmware upgrades (when released) would allow the higher class speed to work.
    01-07-08 10:20 PM
    I bought an 8G HC chip (with reader $131 from Amazon) and plugged it in. At first it said 7.6G available. I formated it via the 8830 and it became a 4G card (3.76 available.)

I put it in my reader and formatted it again with my PC, then put it back in the 8830. It again recognized it as 7.6G, and it works with my music, pictures, ringtones. I haven't tried any ripped videos yet, but seems OK. In other words, 8G works if you don't format it on the 8830.
    01-10-08 12:18 AM
    Oh, the 8G is a SanDisc class 4
    01-10-08 12:23 AM
    I bought an 8G HC chip (with reader $131 from Amazon) and plugged it in. At first it said 7.6G available. I formated it via the 8830 and it became a 4G card (3.76 available.)

I put it in my reader and formatted it again with my PC, then put it back in the 8830. It again recognized it as 7.6G, and it works with my music, pictures, ringtones. I haven't tried any ripped videos yet, but seems OK. In other words, 8G works if you don't format it on the 8830.
    Once you power cycle the phone the card will ask you to reformt it again. Maybe had experienced the same thing with the 6gb.

I just purchased the A-Data 4gb Class 6 MicroSDHC and will live with that until the OS officially supports something larger.
    01-10-08 11:07 PM
    jtodaro,

I'm on day three, three power on/off cycles; one battery-out reboot cycle. The card, format, capacity and my files are all hanging in there fine. The 8G card works, the 8830 built-in formatting does not - for cards above 4G.

I think the hardware is fine for supporting the card, the software is not up-to-date, and certification will be necessary for announced support.

To me, announced support is no big deal.
    01-11-08 08:00 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD