Hey, guys! I just rolled out a bunch of 8830s to my users at the office, and a few of us have had a weird problem pop up. I was wondering if anybody else had experienced this, and if there's a fix.

Here's the situation: I'm on a call and another one clicks in via call waiting. I answer the incoming call while the original one is still on the line--but when I go back to the original call, it has since disconnected. However, even though the original call is dead and gone, my BlackBerry still thinks that call is active--so if I try to make a new call, the "Conference" option pops up instead.

The only way I can get back to making normal outgoing calls is to pop the battery and reboot the device. A typical situation when this happens is if I'm listening to voice mail when another call clicks in. I answer the call while the VM call is still active, but when I try to go back to the VM call it's disconnected--but the BlackBerry still thinks I have that call active.

Is there any way around this issue, or a software update that addesses it? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    07-13-07 08:11 AM
    Yes, this has been posted before. But, I recall the answer being you have to press menu when the other call comes in, and do it that way. I believe this is only on the 8830's...

Here you go, more info. In fact, I'll close this thread, and you can post in the other one...

Ps: Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-13-07 at 08:50 AM. Reason: ...added link.
    07-13-07 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD