Been having problems with a dead BB - it wouldn't power on after a full nights recharging. Sprint is trying to tell me it is water damaged. There is NO WAY that its water damage. For 2 days, no matter if it was charging or not, there was a totally black screen and the LED blinked red on and off very slowly. A few minutes ago, I had the broken battery icon on the screen for a few minutes and now that is gone. Sprint did not swap out the battery when they looked at it. Any ideas?
    07-25-08 01:45 PM
    I would try a known good battery. When these batteries die, they can sometimes just poof and they're gone.
    07-25-08 07:05 PM
    Depending on the age of the BB and/or battery it could be a defective battery or hardware, or it could be the battery has reached the end of its lifespan, or hardware could have gotten damaged. As jdwx suggests I would 1st try a known good battery that is fully charged and put it in the BB. If the BB works fine then we can figure from there what the cause is. However if with a known good and fully charged battery the BB is still acting as you described we can indicate a problem in hardware. It could even be software related if just before this happened something bad happened software related. However my limited experience with mobile devices ha4 me suspecting its not software related without knowing more details of the circumstances leading up to when you started having problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 02:00 AM
    07-26-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD