Hey all,

Is it me or is 39.99 a month no matter what carrier (I know other carrier prices vary but that pretty much the going rate) rather expensive? Sprints Vision is $15 and boom. At&t is like 20 bucks for their data. So why cant blackberrry lower their price on the service? Or do you guys really think its worth it?
    09-16-07 06:06 PM
    I wish! I pay $65.00 with Verizon for unlimited data
    Ramona
    09-16-07 06:08 PM
    feedback from you people would be appreciated.
    09-16-07 10:10 PM
    It just depends on the carrier. I have T-Mobile and they only charge $19.99/mo for unlimited data on BIS with free tethering. That's a great deal in my opinion!
    09-16-07 10:53 PM
    Oh god, pls I mean this in the nicest way possible, and I truly mean NO offense to any one in the US, but you all have no right to complain of data plan pricing...wanna see what I can get for data plans..here ya go..no tethering..no voice this are just strictly BB data plans only add on at LEAST another $25 for a voice plan.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-16-07 at 11:24 PM.
    09-16-07 11:15 PM
    omg that sucks! wow i guess he dont have it that bad after all
    09-17-07 12:26 AM
    why anyone would use a blackberry on verizon is beyond me. They charge $40 for the unlimed data plan alone (vs. 19.99 on t-mobile). I was a Verizon customer for years; bought into the hype of #1 service provider, then wised up and moved to T-mobile. EVERYTHING about T-Mobile is less expensive. With Verizon, to even *open up* their WorldPhone for overseas use, you must buy up to an international plan (if not already on one). With T-Mobile, the international access is FREE. (i.e. you don't have to upgrade your plan to gain the ability to use your phone accross seas). T-Mobile has 24 hour customer service (which is almost unheard of today), and their phone service is great. oopsy. went off on a tangent.

But to answer the original question. No. not all data plans are in the ballpark. T Mobile is 19.99.
    09-17-07 12:27 AM
    omg that sucks! wow i guess he dont have it that bad after all
    Yeah, exactly
    09-17-07 12:45 AM
    I agree that Verizon charges too much, just for clarity Verizon's BB unlimited data plan is $44.99 per month and another $15.00 per month if you subscribe to their Broadband Connect tethering plan.

BTW you can unlock the GSM side of the phone with no charge and they didn't even ask about subscribing to the global plan, which I don't.
    09-17-07 01:41 PM
    When you get the bundled plan it is an additional 30 for the unlitimited data on Verizon. Not sure about this $65 stuff???? I pay 89.99 for voice and data. with my 900 anytime. not that bad. Plus 19.99 for unlimited data on T-mobile is still too much for the ridiculously slow speeds that edge offers. Evdo and rev A are the only way to go for data in the U.S.
    09-18-07 05:40 AM
    Roger's prices really sucks. Too expencive...
    09-18-07 07:07 AM
    I don't know the specifics behind the data plan, I'm sure it has something to do with the mb usage, but we need it. I'm with vzw and my data plan in 44.99 and its unlimited. Its costly to own and operate a bb. If I didn't have a data plan I'm sure my bill would be astronomical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-07 07:08 AM
    My unlimited data plan alone costs $34US
    It was $43US and recently they reduced it in a promotional offer they had.
    This is in the Caribbean.
    09-18-07 07:08 AM
    Where am I not seeing the different prices for Verizon - my business is paying for my BB for 2 months, then I have to take over. I think I'm on a $99 plan at the moment. Aren't there only specific BB plans on VZW that start at $79?
    09-18-07 09:53 AM
    Where am I not seeing the different prices for Verizon - my business is paying for my BB for 2 months, then I have to take over. I think I'm on a $99 plan at the moment. Aren't there only specific BB plans on VZW that start at $79?
    As I said in my earlier post the Verizon BB unlimited data plan is $44.99 this is on top of what ever voice plan you sign up for. The only way to vary your cost with the unlimited data plan is with your voice plan. Verizon does have a couple of limited data plans that are less expensive, I don't know the specific cost and MB limits. You should just call VZ sales and ask them about the various calling and data plans available to you.
    09-18-07 02:33 PM
    Sprint current promo plan is $39.99 for unlimited web and data with Phone as Modem inclusive.

Must also have a voice plan.

It is otherwise $49.99.
    10-02-07 06:36 PM
    Can't put a price on this addiction!!!
    10-02-07 06:48 PM
    When you get the bundled plan it is an additional 30 for the unlitimited data on Verizon. Not sure about this $65 stuff???? I pay 89.99 for voice and data. with my 900 anytime. not that bad. Plus 19.99 for unlimited data on T-mobile is still too much for the ridiculously slow speeds that edge offers. Evdo and rev A are the only way to go for data in the U.S.
    I am paying $90.00/month for the 900 anytime plus unlimited text and an additional $24.99 for 20mb/mo data.
    10-03-07 12:35 PM
    why anyone would use a blackberry on verizon is beyond me. They charge $40 for the unlimed data plan alone (vs. 19.99 on t-mobile). I was a Verizon customer for years; bought into the hype of #1 service provider, then wised up and moved to T-mobile.

Things must be a lot different in NYC, but here is So Cal the best service is verizon. I had sprint for years, and when i switched to verizon i was very surprised at how good the coverage was. My boss got his first BB on t-mobile. Fell in love with the BB, but hated the service. It would actually be better in some areas, but in other very basic areas (downtown LA) he would not have any service at all. Most recent he tried AT&T because he wanted the i-phone. Apart from the fact he hated the phone (it is a cool toy, not a working tool!)the service was bad yet again.
    10-04-07 09:10 AM
    why anyone would use a blackberry on verizon is beyond me. They charge $40 for the unlimed data plan alone (vs. 19.99 on t-mobile). I was a Verizon customer for years; bought into the hype of #1 service provider, then wised up and moved to T-mobile. EVERYTHING about T-Mobile is less expensive. With Verizon, to even *open up* their WorldPhone for overseas use, you must buy up to an international plan (if not already on one). With T-Mobile, the international access is FREE. (i.e. you don't have to upgrade your plan to gain the ability to use your phone accross seas). T-Mobile has 24 hour customer service (which is almost unheard of today), and their phone service is great. oopsy. went off on a tangent.

But to answer the original question. No. not all data plans are in the ballpark. T Mobile is 19.99.
    Some of us don't have any options to use anything other than Verizon. Either due to geography or because of corporate contracts. The only other choice here is Alltell (sp) and that's not a choice. Verizon is doing their level best to get as close to a monopoly as legally possible...in my humble opinion anyway.
    10-04-07 09:28 AM
    I shopped pretty hard before I got my BB through VZW. I've been with VZW for 5 years and I may have paid a bit more but I've always been pleased with them. When I got the BB I was a free agent (no contract) and was willing to go to whoever offered me the best deal. I looked hard at T-Mobile, they would have been $5 cheaper per month. When I was talking with the VZW sales rep (I always go to the counter) I told him several times that I was going to T-Mobile if we didn't strike a deal. As I was walking away he gave me the phone to stay with them. I'm happy.

I'm on a 900 min plan w/ unlimited data and I have the $5/mo insurance. After taxes & fees I think I'll pay ~$110 per month for this plan.
    10-13-07 02:31 AM
    just trying to be clear about the verizon unlimited data usuage. there is a 5gb cap and after that they can terminate your service(at a charge to you i suppose a.k.a. ETF). i get close every month so i know muhaha
    10-13-07 05:26 AM
    First post!

I am currently with Nextel and am looking forward to March when my contract is up. I am thinking on switching to VZW and going with the 8830. I am unsure how the unlimited plan works, does it include web?

Right now I am paying 39.99 for unlimited data which includes web on the Nextel network. I only use the web when I am very desparate because it can take 5 minutes to load a page with the slow network. I would like ot use it more...tethering is not a feature that I will use.

Am I looking at a big price jump when I go to VZW? TMobile is not an option for me as I live in upstate NY where voice coverageis spotty. The only other option would be to stay with Sprint and switch to the actuall Sprint network, which is better then the nextel one but not as solid as Verizon.

I am very happy to have found this site!
    10-13-07 09:17 AM
    I didn't believe Guyheavensent, I thought unlimited meant unlimited. So I logged in and checked the legal part of my contract. Sure enough, unlimited means 5GB.

"Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to limit throughput speed or immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term."

I also checked their wireless PC card plans, and this same clause is there, too. Wow. That's powerfully lame. You get the product(s) from them because you need access to the web and they decide for you how much is acceptable. I recognize that in downloading terms, 5GB is large, but this is their "unlimited" plan. So lame.
    10-13-07 10:54 AM
    Did not know that Guy!!! Really pi$$es me off! But then again nothing VZW does surprises me any more!
    10-13-07 10:59 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD