Heres A Posting From One Of Our Friendly Neighbor WebSites "BBGEEKS" And Here Is What They Had To Say About A CDMA BlackBerry Curve.......

Back when the new year turned, I had a few question for Research In Motion in 2008. Among them was the release of the BlackBerry Curve for CDMA providers. Friends, Romans, countrymen, that day is fast approaching. An inside gal at a CDMA provider tells me that not only is the device readying for release, but they�ve got the test model. So that means we�ve got a description of what�s to come. I�m working on getting the unit away for an evening so I can nab some pics for you. A description of the device�s functions after the jump.

Even though I have no complaints about the weight of my 8830, the Curve � the 8330 � is a bit lighter. That�s because it�s composed of plastic and rubber. So the trade off here is weight for durability. I�d suggest getting some kind of case if you�re going to tote it around in your pocket.

As far as appearance, it�s almost identical to the 8830. It�s slightly shorter top to bottom, and is black rather than silver, likely to differentiate the two. The keyboard on the Curve doesn�t light up, but that�s no big deal. It�s not like I can really read the keys on my 8830 when they�re lit up in the dark (the blue backlight on them kinda sucks).

Like with the 8830, there�s a light sensor which dims the screen when you�ve got ample light. Love that feature. The screen is also very readable in sunlight, a feature I�m sure more than a few enjoy.

It definitely runs on 1XEV, but my source isn�t sure what revision that�s going to be.

Battery life is rather impressive. With radio and Bluetooth off, she ran it for about three straight hours and only killed 10 percent of the battery. This is rather nice, since extended play with my 8830 usually means finding a charger ASAP.

And yes, there�s a camera, which is a big feature for a lot of users. It features 5x zoom, and introduces �viewfinder mode.� In this, you�ll be able to get rid of the user information under the viewfinder, so it�s full screen. Pics can be taken with resolutions of 1600 x 1200, 1024 x 768, and 640 x 480.

So yeah, I�m just a little pumped for this. A lot a little. There is no definite release date, nor is there a projected price. I would expect that we�d see this sometime in the second quarter, though. And, as I said, pictures will be coming as soon as humanly possible.

Update: As always, the comments pick up on something I missed. Talked to my source, and yes, it will include GPS.

WHAT!?!?!? Don't Believe Me? Copy A Paste To See For Your Self:
    http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-scoops/blackberry-curve-coming-soon-to-cdma-88193/
    02-06-08 06:05 PM
    It's about time.......
    02-06-08 06:11 PM
    not to be the one who said "Itold you so...."

but I told you so...

end of 1st quarter '08...

it follows the typical cdma release time following a gsm release (+/- a year...)

-db

I told ya...and ya wouldn't listen...Ya wouldn't LISTEN....YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN!!!

well can ya hear me now?????

hahahahahahahhaa
    02-06-08 06:17 PM
    not to be the one who said "Itold you so...."

but I told you so...

end of 1st quarter '08...

it follows the typical cdma release time following a gsm release (+/- a year...)

-db

I told ya...and ya wouldn't listen...Ya wouldn't LISTEN....YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN!!!

well can ya hear me now?????

hahahahahahahhaa

Thats Funny, "FREEKEN IDIOTS" (NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE) But Its All Good!!!!
    02-06-08 06:29 PM
    I just ordered an 8830. I would have gotten the Curve if it was available. Will I be disappointed?
    02-06-08 06:48 PM
    I just ordered an 8830. I would have gotten the Curve if it was available. Will I be disappointed?

I would not worry about it unless you want the convenience of having a camera; which is why I have a Pearl. Although it has a smaller screen and SureType KB; it is a great device.

The 8830 is a good device minus a cam. I have used the 8820 (AT&T). Then switched to the Curve; the Curve is a great device; but AT&T is not the network I can trust for coverage & voice quality.

I'm satisfied with the Pearl until something else comes out.
    02-06-08 07:11 PM
    ooohhh I can't wait
    02-06-08 08:37 PM
    believe it when I see it.... Not thinking to much into this. Rumors are rumors.... it's cool info but doesn't mean much, and I'm sure Verizon will have it crippled.
    02-06-08 08:42 PM
    believe it when I see it.... Not thinking to much into this. Rumors are rumors.... it's cool info but doesn't mean much, and I'm sure Verizon will have it crippled.
    And I sure Sprint will disable MMS(PictureMail).
    02-06-08 08:57 PM
    I've seen it and absolutely love it!
    02-06-08 09:24 PM
    okay so you saw it.... ?????

That's it, no more info. Hard core info. Or more rumors....

Also I don't believe the keyboard wouldn't light up, sounds weird to me....
    02-06-08 09:33 PM
    yeah really. every keyboard on every phone lights up!!!!
    02-06-08 09:50 PM
    It doesn't have wi-fi, it's a world phone, and the test version looks just like the GSM curve but instead of silver keys it has black keys. Yes the keyboard does light up, even on the test version.
    02-06-08 10:41 PM
    okay so you saw it.... ?????

That's it, no more info. Hard core info. Or more rumors....

Also I don't believe the keyboard wouldn't light up, sounds weird to me....
    Sorry that I didn't elaborate more, I've posted this same info about a month ago, and everyone just said I was making stuff up.
    02-06-08 10:44 PM
    so since you have sprint/nextel, is it safe to assume that the model you are talking about is the sprint BB Curve?
    02-06-08 10:53 PM
    yes, and anyone who tells you an exact launch date is full of it since the device isn't done testing yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-08 11:08 PM
    So, this makes me really happy seeing as how thats the device I had originally wanted! But now I don't know what to do seeing as I have only had my 8830 since November! uhh What would you do?
    02-07-08 08:58 AM
    So, this makes me really happy seeing as how thats the device I had originally wanted! But now I don't know what to do seeing as I have only had my 8830 since November! uhh What would you do?
    Depends on how important the camera is to you. That's pretty much the only difference with Verizons version. I'm going to switch because Sprint is putting Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, and the Sprint Music Store on the Curve and my 8830 doesn't have that. The Curve will be the phone that has it all for me, unlocked GSM for overseas use, unlocked GPS, EVDO, and maybe even Rev A. If you really want to get one, wait until Verizon gets them and ask about buying a preowned or reconditioned one. I'm not sure how they work with selling them but you can save a lot of money that way. With Sprint they sell Pre-owned phones for half off retail price and Sprint tests them out to make sure they work. Some people will buy smartphones with the attitude of "yeah this phone is cool, I'll look important!", then they can't figure it out, or realize they don't need it and return it a couple days later. Just something you might try if you figure it's important enough to you.
    02-07-08 09:15 AM
    Will Verizon's Curve be a world device with the added SIM card like the 8830? Thx.
    02-07-08 11:48 AM
    I have the same question about worldphone-ness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 05:18 AM
    There are new pics about the cdma 8330 check it out at bbgeeks.com
    02-12-08 09:29 PM
    The testing version has a SIM slot, but since final specs aren't out, can't be sure. Testing versions can be VERY different from finalized versions.
    02-12-08 09:33 PM
    Do you think that they are going to keep the led light in the new loacation
    02-12-08 09:37 PM
    Yep, LED light should stay in the same place.
    02-12-08 09:41 PM
    AWWW Man I jump the GUNand bought case for the curve model 8300 but Im still gonna rock it.
    02-12-08 09:50 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD