Can someone offer some information, my 8830 keypad started acting up (sticky M key) which finally died altogether. When I tried to unlock it (I'm on a corporate email Blackberry server) I couldn't enter the m key needed to unlock.

I kept an eye on the number of attempts not exceed the 10 tries, now the device is frozen on the enter password screen but none of the keys do anything.

Is there a way to reset the device I don't know how to get past this screen, if I pull the battery when I power it up it brings me back to the same point.

Thank You
    mendolia
    07-21-08 08:29 PM
    Sounds like you have a defective device. Did you get it wet at all? Even a drop? You will probably need to ask for a replacement.
    07-21-08 08:37 PM
    Sounds like you have a defective device. Did you get it wet at all? Even a drop? You will probably need to ask for a replacement.
    Thank you, no it just started, only the m key but now now I don't know if it's locked, it kept inputting the m key on it's own.

Just started 30 minutes ago and went from bad to worse.
    07-21-08 08:46 PM
    Really, I mean really? How many different threads do you need to ask the same thing?

Again, start with pulling the battery and see if it's just some stability issue. I posted this in the other thread as well.
    07-21-08 10:20 PM
    I'm with Mendolia. My keypad is frozen at the enter password screen. Nothing works. I just downloaded the software update last night and think that it might be that.
    12-08-08 08:15 AM
    After taking the battery out and leaving it for a short time, it seemed to reboot for 5 minutes then began working again. I have to admit, though, I am a little freaked out to activate the password protection again. (I deactivated it for now.)
    12-08-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD