Which should I get? BlackBerry 8830 WE or BlackBerry 8330 Curve.
    Last edited by MancusoX; 06-30-08 at 08:04 PM.
    06-30-08 08:01 PM
    if you want to take pictures the Curve. If you are like me and don't need the camera then the 8830.
    06-30-08 08:04 PM
    You won't be disappointed with either one I have an 8830 and sometimes i wish it had a camera. So that might be your answer right there. My girlfriend currently has the 8703e and she really misses the camera.

EDIT
    I will say this the curve is a lot lighter and fits a little better in my hand then the 8830.
    06-30-08 08:07 PM
    Also consider the largest difference, GSM.
    06-30-08 08:11 PM
    Unless you're going to use the World Roaming semi-regularly get the Curve. It's a bit better in the hand, more memory, more available accessories, better deals available.
    06-30-08 08:18 PM
    I have an 8830. I found that the keyboard was easier to type on, and the gsm/overseas capabilities were a must. Do not forget that you can use a micro sd card with adapter in a digital camera and then put the micro sd in your bb. A bit tedious, but it is a way to send pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 09:47 PM
    I have the 8830 and my bro has the curve. Personally, I like my keyboard better. The Curve felt like the keys were closer together. I don't want to start a "what actually is what," just what it feels like to me. I'm a big guy and have big hands so the bigger feel is a pro for me. And the Curve does feel A LOT lighter. I like the heavier feel. There are times when I wish I had a camera (like when a Veyron is driving right next to me ) but since I really don't use it, I don't have the need.

Figure out what your looking for in a phone and what features are available for each (MMS, etc). Be sure to test drive them. Find what calls to you. Everyone has their preference.

06-30-08 11:56 PM
    Also consider the largest difference, GSM.
    There is also a CDMA curve 8330

07-01-08 11:50 AM
    Is the Curve faster, because of more RAM?
    Can you tell the difference between the two?
    Last edited by MancusoX; 07-01-08 at 02:13 PM.
    07-01-08 01:13 PM
    I have the 8830 friend has the 8330 Curve. The curve acutally has a pointer wheb you scroll around websites ... Sometimes it can be easier to navigate, the 8830 does not have this. Of couse the camera, but the major thing is the 8830 can be unlocked for outside US SIM GSM service. If that's still not an issue, then you just have to play on both and see which one you like the best.... Both are great phones, even the pearl. I had one of those a few years back when they first came out on tmobile.

Good luck.

07-01-08 09:31 PM
    Oh about the ram, I can't tell the difference really. Again I don't have any high powered apps so the browser and callendar usage has no effect on the ram

07-01-08 09:32 PM
    I have the 8830WE...i want the Curve desperately. I never thought how much i would miss the camera. The 8830 was the best BB model Us Cellular had at the time but now they just picked up the Curve. So im stuck waiting at least until Jan to upgrade my contract unfortunately.
    07-02-08 09:35 PM
    I am choosing to get the Curve and by the time my plan is up, the Bold will be available to verizon customers. So, I will play with my curve for a while.
    07-04-08 11:59 PM
    Really it just depends what YOU need....don't let anyone talk you into different....ONLY you know how you will REALLY use it.......and what your needs are......all the BB's are righteous devices........for me and my carrier for what I NEED.......it was the curve......I had a pearl before and both my teenage kids are on pearls - they love em.......I like the curve keyboard and NO T9.....

07-05-08 01:30 AM
    There is also a CDMA curve 8330

I think he meant the fact that the world edition has GSM also for traveling purposes. After having the WE for a month and now having the curve, I'm going back to the WE. Reason 1: Keyboard. I had a treo and thought I would like the curve more because of the spaced-out keys. After typing on the curve for awhile, I actually miss the WE's keyboard. Reason 2: Size. I have big hands and miss the bigger size of the WE. It just fit better. Reason 3: Camera. I thought I would miss the camera when I had the WE and I did. Don't get me wrong, I love the camera on my curve, but I feel I can live without it I guess. As stated above, the best way to decide is to play with both and then decide which is best for you...

07-05-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD