I noticed that, on a blackberry 8830 I just received, the display often goes from bright to less bright within seconds of me picking it up.

Why does it do this? Can I set this somewhere?
    07-02-07 08:42 PM
    Auto backlight - options / screen/keyboard - make adjustments there...
    07-02-07 09:14 PM
    The light sensor is in the same spot as the LED (Red/Green) light in the upper right hand side of the front of the phone.
    07-02-07 10:15 PM
    is there a way to keep the display light on..BUT turn the keyboard light off? the light blue lighting of the keyboard makes the letters very hard to see for me...not enough contrast.
    07-03-07 05:09 AM
    is there a way to keep the display light on..BUT turn the keyboard light off? the light blue lighting of the keyboard makes the letters very hard to see for me...not enough contrast.
    Not that I have found. I would like this option as well.
    07-03-07 10:20 AM
    Thanks a lot!
    07-04-07 07:53 AM
    I used this option trying to keep my screen bright, but it only works for the 2 min. option...I tried using BB Light but it didn't seem to work...any suggestions?
    07-05-07 02:55 PM
    I see the settings but I don't see anything about stopping the screen from getting darker seconds after I pick it up.

Why does it do that anyway?
    07-05-07 07:32 PM
    I see the settings but I don't see anything about stopping the screen from getting darker seconds after I pick it up.

Why does it do that anyway?
    Set Auto Backlight to OFF and it should stop doing that. It is trying to adjust for the lighting conditions that it sees. There is a sensor in the LED at the top right corner of the device. Put your finger over that for a couple of seconds and you will see it dim because it thinks you are in a dark room.
    07-05-07 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD