I have an 8830 from verizon. My office server and BB server (where I haved my BES connection) went down last week with dual hard drive failures in the RAID array. My 3 BIS accounts have continued to work. A week later, a new server is up and they restarted the BB server. Not sure if it matters, but the BES server is thru T-Mobile.

They sent me a new activation code, but it won't take. My techs have been on the phone with RIM half the day, but no solution. I get an error after the activation states that "IT policy was rejected so activation has been cancelled. Clear your handheld and retry."

According to my office techs, they will issue a new IT policy and they think it will wipe my device, though they aren't sure.

Is that right? Will it wipe my device? Or will it only wipe my BES e-mail, addersses, and calendar? What about software loaded? (BB smart e-mail, e.g.,)

What is the relationship between the IT policy and the sevice books?

Is there another way to fix this connection before going the drastic route?

Thanks for any thoughts? This is pretty urgent as I've been off line for a week now.

Thanks.
    09-21-07 11:18 PM
    A new policy shouldn't wipe your device. I see my policy gets updated now and then and I never know it happens.
    09-21-07 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD