Okay, be gentle, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking for quite some time.

I have an 8830, and when I first got it (with Sprint) I downloaded and installed Google Maps (okay, the coolest thing since the dedicated GPs) and it worked great, almost got into accidents daily while playing with it

I had it put on the company's BES and now the maps/satellite images in the background don't load up anymore - the GPS portion still works though.

Is this because my company is using an older version of BES or what? The built-in BlackBerry Maps tool works fine, but it's awful in comparison to Google Maps.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! TIA...
    01-23-08 10:21 PM
    It's likely that your BES blocks the data connection that Google Maps needs to get it's data. I would talk to your IT people. I'm sure they're familiar with Google Maps. It's a pretty well-known application.
    01-23-08 10:26 PM
    It's likely that your BES blocks the data connection that Google Maps needs to get it's data. I would talk to your IT people. I'm sure they're familiar with Google Maps. It's a pretty well-known application.
    01-23-08 10:26 PM
    That is the message, "Data Connection Needed"... so why does the other mapping app that comes standard on the BB work then?
    01-23-08 10:41 PM
    Because the data can go through their BES system. I would contact your IT and see if they can help you.
    01-23-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD