I have received so many different responses from Bell re using the 8830 World Edition in Europe.

I would like to unlock the BB and use and Italian TIM card - some people seem to think that I cannot then replace the Bell SIM card when I return.

Any thoughts?

The last time I was in Italy I returned to a major bill for pinning a partner BB.
    05-21-10 09:21 PM
    Once unlocked, you can use any sim card, including the Bell one.

Your Bell service shouldn't require a SIM anyways, the one that comes with the phone is for roaming and international, not for Bell "home" service.

Go ahead and get it unlocked and enjoy your trip.
    05-23-10 08:06 AM
    I have received so many different responses from Bell re using the 8830 World Edition in Europe.

I would like to unlock the BB and use and Italian TIM card - some people seem to think that I cannot then replace the Bell SIM card when I return.

Any thoughts?

The last time I was in Italy I returned to a major bill for pinning a partner BB.
    You can get it unlocked and used in Italy with a SIM card.
    05-23-10 09:39 AM
    I just was given a 8830 that was on bell however I was wondering if it can be used on the rogers network? Any thoughts? Sorry to threadjack...tks
    06-19-10 09:00 PM
    I just was given a 8830 that was on bell however I was wondering if it can be used on the rogers network? Any thoughts? Sorry to threadjack...tks
    No. The 8830 will not work on any North American GSM network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by lak611; 06-21-10 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo--wrong device mentioned
    06-21-10 02:11 PM
    As mentioned above, the 8330 has no SIM card slot, it's a CDMA phone only.
    06-21-10 02:28 PM
    Sorry. I mistyped. The 8830 does take SIM cards. However it does not work on any North American GSM network. The 8830 only works on overseas GSM networks.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-21-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD