Most electronics are replaced with refurbs through warranty. This aint necessarily a bad thing. just cuzits a refurb doesn't mean its been used and abused. the refurbs are suppose to pass quality control also and they don;t just turn any used one into a refurb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The new ones are supposed to pass quality control too. And mine did supposedly and yet is dead, within 90 days of purchase.
    05-05-09 10:03 AM
    I got a refurb from verizon then it happened to fall down the stairs the next day, so I called Asurion and got a spanken new one in the box with battery case and charger.
    Interesting.
    05-05-09 10:05 AM
    I have recieved an 8830 referbished phone and it worked better than my BRAND NEW ONE!! I dont really see why people are so concerned about this.. If the phone works thats all that matters, correct!

(Before i switched to ATT)
    05-05-09 11:00 AM
    I have recieved an 8830 referbished phone and it worked better than my BRAND NEW ONE!! I dont really see why people are so concerned about this.. If the phone works thats all that matters, correct!

(Before i switched to ATT)
    For me, it's a matter of principle. I have been fighting with Verizon for a couple of months about my BRAND NEW phone that never worked right. I just feel that if I PAY for a brand new phone, I should get one, in proper working order.
    nybold likes this.
    05-05-09 11:13 AM
    For me, it's a matter of principle. I have been fighting with Verizon for a couple of months about my BRAND NEW phone that never worked right. I just feel that if I PAY for a brand new phone, I should get one, in proper working order.
    I understand that, however would you prefer a phone that works or a brand new one? All i am saying is that refurbished phones are not always old. Sometimes they are new phones like yours that might now work correctly, so they fix whats wrong with it and send it to someone who needs a replacement. When holding a reburbished 8830 next to a brand new 8830, can you really tell the difference? I can't.

I had bigger issues with VZW than this.
    05-05-09 11:44 AM
    I had bigger issues with VZW than this.
    So, in your humble opinion, my issue is petty? I too have had bigger VZW issues than this, however, this just adds to my list of things that make me consider jumping ship at the end of the contract.

To be honest, as soon as Sprint/Nextel gets a wider coverage area (and my contract at VZW is up) I will switch to them. I need push to talk and coverage. Currently I have my VZW for coverage and then we pay extra to have an extra phone on the Nextel system for push to talk. (The issue is that the Nextel's don't work where we go up north...and we go frequently...)

I guess you are right, but the principle is still the same. I will, obviously, use my wonderful new refurbished phone that is supposedly going to be at my house today (meaning 3 days of no cell phone so far). but I do not have to like that it's refurbished. I can and will express my dislike of the situation to Verizon. Others feel similarly. I had links in my email to them to back that up, but because I am not worthy of links on this forum, I had to delete them.

Have a great day,

An
    05-05-09 11:49 AM
    That is a Verizon ripoff and one of the reasons that I have Sprint. I also have Sprint because they don't cripple the phone like Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hate to tell you CellGeek but Sprint replaces with refurbs too.

Although I'm surprised Verizon gave you a replacement phone for a bad trackball. I recently took my phone into Sprint because the ball stopped responding, they replaced the ball not the phone.
    05-05-09 11:55 AM
    Some of the aftermarket programs you purchase cannot be used on a new phone. I had my BB for 3 days. Right after I purchased (I think) Pocketday for about $35 the trackball went. Took it back to Verizon and they replaced it. But as far as my $35 for the program...SOL
    Sammy you have to contact Pocketday and give them your new pin which will allow the program to work on your new berry.
    05-05-09 11:56 AM

Have a great day,

An
    You too. Enjoy Sprints refurbished phones!
    05-05-09 12:03 PM
    Anyone that is even slightly technical will tell you that a Referbished product is tested and re-tested before sending out to the public. It is a common misbelief that referbished products are not as good. This is such a mistruth. If you have a chance of ever getting a referbished product, take it and run. You have a solid product that is bullet proof before it ever hits the street.
    01-15-13 02:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD