OK, so I just jumped ship from a Motorola Q to an 8830. It's been a week and so far i'm impressed with the 8830. A couple of complaints/observations though:

1) Ringer volume. Yes I know it's been covered and there's no real fix yet but i've been missing calls and I don't have to tell you how friggin annoying that is.

2) When I surf over to the Crackberry site, the browser takes forever to load the page and the bar on the bottom states that it's running scripts. Anybody else experiencing this?

3) The GPS feature being locked was annoying but you guys came through with the fix. Mad kudos on that one!

4) I noticed that there doesn't seem to be much of a hacker community for the Blackberry's. I realize that hacking can sometimes cause more problems than it's worth but you learn a lot about your device and they do provide some help on occasion.

5) I noticed that the themes offered don't seem to offer much functionality on the desktop. In other words, I had my Q set up so that I could see the 5 day weather forecast on the desktop at a glance and I haven't seen anything similar offered for the BB. Am I missing something here?

Overall, i'm pretty pleased with the BB 8830 but i'll be overwhelmed with joy when somebody finally comes up with a good fix for the ringer issue.
    05-10-08 08:12 AM
    1. Yes.
    2. Are you using the WAP site from your 8830? wapforums.crackberry.com
    3. Good.
    4. On balance, that's a good thing in my opinion.
    5. There are lots of themes available other than what came with your phone. Maybe one of those could help. Also, there're at least two weather apps, BBWeather and Weathereye (sp?), that may give you what you want. I don't have either installed, so I can't say for sure. Search the forums and you'll find them.
    And welcome to CB!
    05-10-08 08:52 AM
    Do a search for weather eye it gives you current conditions on your desktop
    05-10-08 08:57 AM
    And are you going to CrackBerry.com WAP Homepage from your phones browser ?
    05-10-08 08:58 AM
    You guys are too damn awesome Thanks for the help.
    05-10-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD