Hello everyone... Im new to crackberry as i recently purchased a BB 8830WE and I must admit I dont know how I survived so long with out one... however, i seem to be learning alot throught the many helpfull posts but as a newb there are still a few questions i seem to be asking my self...

1. is there a reason i can not download the AOL client for my VZW phone? am i stuck w/ verizons version of the mobile IM?

2. Ive noticed on several other threads that there are different versions of the BB messenger... (meaning diff icons and smiley etc.) is there a new version of the BB messenger for the 8830 i can upgrade to?

3. I see they have a BB application for Facebook does one excist for Myspace?
    05-11-08 01:05 PM
    1) Menu > browser, there is IM (AOL, Windows live, Yahoo)
    2) No
    3) Yahoo! go beta 3.0 > add widgets
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-11-08 01:25 PM
    1) Menu > browser, there is IM (AOL, Windows live, Yahoo)
    2) No
    3) Yahoo! go beta 3.0 > add widgets
    Welcome to the Crack!

Thanks for the Help! im still curious tho does this mean i have to use the mobile IM that verizon offers cause i keep getting an error everytime i try to download the AOL version that is provided on the BB website.
    05-11-08 01:32 PM
    No, take a look at Jivetalk, There are tons of BBers here on the Forum uses Jivetalk.
    05-11-08 01:55 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the info Crackblack... i just hate the fact that the Mobile IM client verizon provides does not allow you to access your full buddy list as it limits the amount of contacts it displays and the fact that the buddy list is not in real time! so you have to continuously refresh...
    05-11-08 02:23 PM
    You're Welcome, you're also CB Family.
    Last edited by CrackBlack; 05-11-08 at 02:30 PM.
    05-11-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD