Hello all,

I am having a lot of difficulty in using my browser as well as getting my e-mail on my new BB. It will work for a few hours and then all of a sudden I will just stop getting e-mails and my browser will stop working. One time it happened the Status menu said the wireless network was not connected and then I turned all connections off and then connected them again and it worked fine for about an hour. I stopped getting e-mails and my browser stopped working again even though the status menu said that it was connected. This is getting very irritating especially since I'm paying for a service I don't seem to get. I am hesitant to pull the battery out because I can't even get the battery door off to begin with. Should I just go to a Sprint store? Any help would be appreciated!
    09-15-08 12:23 PM
    8830 doesn't work on WI-FI

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 12:52 PM
    8830 doesn't work on WI-FI

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Under the status menu is says Blackberry Internet Service: Connected even though I am not getting my e-mail and the browser is not working.
    09-15-08 01:00 PM
    You will need to figure out how to open your battery cover as a battery pull is likely going to fix this for you, and a few issues you will have in the future.

The way I do it is:
    -I hold the BB face down with my left index finger on the silver box
    -I take my right index, middle and ring finger and place the nails on the groove near the bottom of the battery cover,
    -Press the silver box with my left finger, and pull with the right three fingers and it slides right off.

You also may want to try resending the service books from the Sprint BIS site.
    09-15-08 03:31 PM
    The good news is, the battery cover gets a lot easier to remove after you've done it a few times. Before you remove the battery, though, try a soft reset. Hold down the Alt key, the right shift key, and the delete button, all at the same time. When you release them, the 8830 will reboot. It's a little easier than the battery pull, but some problems can only be solved by pulling the battery. The inability to connect usually does require a battery pull, but I always advise trying the soft reset first.

Pulling the battery (with the phone on) is a next step solution that fixes a host of problems. It should not be your first step. When you pull the battery, there is a very, very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. It's happened once in my experience.

Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull, if you can. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem. At that point, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
    09-15-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD