Hi guys and girls,

I use to have a BlackBerry pearl, i got one the day they came out and found that approximately after a year, the battery performance started to drop..

I just wondered for people that have had the 8830, have you noticed any battery performance decrease yet?
    I know the 8830's are rather new, but how long do think the battery will last before the batteries have performance decreases??

I use my BB All day 7 days a week, i just turn it off to charge from midnight - 7am while i am sleeping..

Thanks guys,
    03-22-08 07:02 PM
    i just turn it off to charge from midnight - 7am while i am sleeping..
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh I'm sorry, was that out loud.

Battery life if fine after a year on mine. Charge the phone when battery life is at 10% at least a couple of times a month and it'll be fine. But remember that even LiOn batteries have a certain life expectancy. After about 2-3 years (really depends on mAh ratings) these batteries can loose some of their uptime. It's normal. If you kill your battery in less then 6 months, then it's you or the battery is just bad.

Also, remember that battery life is also dependant on the OS on the phone. Recently Bell released a new update for the 8830 and myself and a few others have noticed slightly better battery life. That's just from better power mangement, so if you buy a phone and never update the software on it, it'll suck as bad as it did when you first got it, depending on it's OS shortcomings.
    03-22-08 09:12 PM
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh I'm sorry, was that out loud.
    Yaa, i gotta sleep.. I tried not sleeping but it keeps catching up to me.

Thanks for the info JRS , much appreciated...
    03-22-08 09:44 PM
    Actually I was laughing at the "turning it off". That's funny to me because BB's don't actually "turn off'. Just plug it in man and go to sleep.
    03-22-08 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD