I've had the Blackberry 8830 for several weeks... and just within the past 2 days, I've been getting the low battery signal at night. Nothing has changed in my habits... I recharge every night.... power saver settings are on.... It seems from posts that the battery should be lasting longer?
    I probably talk < 2hr/day... mostly use it for email, IM
    Thoughts?
    12-17-07 08:29 AM
    I have less usage than you do and I also charge every night. I had a battery drainage problem several times and the problem for me was that I had completely lost service and the BB was constantly searching for it. That alone caused me to get a low battery signal about mid-day which caught my attention. Make sure that your BB isn't doing that or constantly searching for something - it'll drain the battery fast if so.

Mine's a pearl so I don't have wi-fi or GPS on it but one of those could be an issue too I guess.

Good luck,
    jb
    12-17-07 09:41 AM
    Sometimes things just happens that are unexplainable. You two aren't the only ones with this problem. The battery just dies because it just does. If you have done all the troubleshooting you can and still can't fix your battery problem, go back to your carrier and ask them for a swap. It happened to me and I swapped it out with another unit, so far so good, just going to wait a few more weeks to see if it starts acting up again...
    12-17-07 10:04 AM
    If you've got the latest Google Maps 2.0.1 loaded that will explain the quick battery drain. Something is up with that software which causes the app to drain the battery quicker for some reason, even if it's not running. You have to uninstall the app to solve the issue.
    12-17-07 11:50 AM
    thanks everyone! I decided to talk to the store since I was still within my 30day window... and was able to replace it for a new one.
    12-17-07 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD