Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Backup/Restore --- New Device

I recently got a "new" or refurbished BB 8830 because my other one was having issues. I had my stuff backed up or so i thought and when i restored the backup file onto my blackberry none of my applications were there. It was easy enough for me to just re-download them since they were only a few and they were all free, but i was wondering if there is a way to back them up so i wouldnt need to re-dowload them if i ever need to get another new BB???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    PIN
    215FB9EA

You need to use the "Switch Device" feature for that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

If you use the desktop software to make a backup file of your berry, then it SHOULD copy all your apps with it...key word being should lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

^^^ Yeah, that would be good if RIM would have made the backup work like that. Unfortunatly you have to use the Switch Device Wizard to hack it like Jimmers said.
  5. SK1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

To back up your third party applications like jimmers and JRSCCivic98 mentioned. Follow these instructions.

How To: Backup and Restore All Installed 3rd Party Apps
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thank you all so much. I am still new to blackberrys so i am still trying to figure out things as i go. But so far i LOVE my BB 8830!