Hey,
    My boyfriend just got 8330 WE, and his business depends HEAVILY on sending out mass texts to a specific category (ex. DJs). He tried to send out a mass text today to about 1,000 ppl and he is having issues with it, not all the messages are sending and the process ceases to function once a few are sent out.
    Has anyone tried to mass text such a large number? Does is work? Any tips???
    Time is money for him and he is super anxious over this (plus I feel bad bc I convinced him to get a bb).

THANKS!
    10-23-08 10:54 PM
    10-23-08 11:11 PM
    Search Function? i am a newbie at this too....
    10-23-08 11:28 PM
    ediggity meant that you could use the Search Forums tool at the top of the page to search for "Multiple Recipients." If you do, you find the thread he posted for you. Another thread you need to see is this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sen...ontacts-60493/, which says that groups are limited to 25 members. I created a group with 33 members as a test, so I don't know how many names can be in a group, but it's more than 25. Your problem as I see it is that you have to add members to a group one at a time, using the BlackBerry. Groups do not sync with Outlook, and I can't find a way to mass-create a group of 1000 members. It's going to take a very long time to create a group of 1000 members using the native BlackBerry tools. You probably need to be looking for 3rd party SMS-mailing list software. You might Google that and see what turns up.
    10-24-08 03:13 PM
    He really should be using software on a PC to do this and not his phone... especially when you're talking thousands of recipients.
    10-24-08 03:20 PM
    I am a club promoter and party planner in Hollywood i send out 4,000 text a day, all you have to do is sit down and create groups, it does take a little bit of time to enter everyone in the group but its a one time deal. once its done you are good to go, dont go 3rd party it cost too much and nobody really uses those short codes anymore
    10-24-08 03:41 PM
    I am a club promoter and party planner in Hollywood i send out 4,000 text a day, all you have to do is sit down and create groups, it does take a little bit of time to enter everyone in the group but its a one time deal. once its done you are good to go, dont go 3rd party it cost too much and nobody really uses those short codes anymore
    I had wondered if there was a shortcut to creating groups that I was just not aware of, but if a heavy user like you didn't find one, there must truly not be one.
    10-24-08 03:44 PM
    Thank you all for the input...he made smaller groups(around 80 ppl), but now every day at least once the phone automatically restarts when a group is messaged. tech support at verizon was not much help.
    any one know anything about that? he has a 4gb mem card in it and has no apps really besides google maps.
    10-30-08 03:35 PM
    is there a way to make groups on outlook express that you then can mass text people on with your phone?
    XZanthia @ Gmail.com

I am a model n promoter and need a easter way to organize my thousands of contacts.
    XZanthia . c o m
    thank u!
    08-12-09 02:53 PM
    Groups on Outlook do not sync with the BlackBerry Address Book. I'd be very surprised if OE could do it. See the post above for another heavy user's advice.
    I removed your phone number. It isn't wise to post it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD