I have Avantgo loaded on my 8830 and it was syncing very nicely for a couple of weeks. Then, it stopped syncing. I get sync errors every time. I loaded the new OS after this started occurring and it's made no difference. Does anyone else use Avantgo? Have you experienced the same issues? Any thoughts on a solution? Thanks!
    12-18-07 08:05 AM
    Most people became disenchanted with Avantgo due to sync problems. But AvantGo is great if you want full articles downloaded automatically like I do, so you can read them when out of coverage (like when I'm in the NYC subway). I had a problem with sync errors until I learned that it was due to a memory leak issue with AvantGo. I then learned that the leak problem (for AvantGo and other apps) could be remedied by just disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes periodically (e.g., daily) to free up the memory. Just have to make sure the memory doesn't get too low. If I do the battery on a daily basis (because I have AvantGo set to automatically sync each morning), then AvantGo pretty much stays free of sync problems. I was frustrated with AvantGo for a while until I figured this out. Now I consider it a great app again, even though it is a little annoying having to remember to disconnect the battery every day.
    11-30-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD