Hey, any comments on audiobooks are appreciated. I am interested in using 8830 to listen audiobooks using bookmarKs, Special software etc...
    Last edited by Jcampo; 02-23-08 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-22-08 09:09 PM
    Me too! I would like to know how to do it on my 8300.
    02-22-08 09:31 PM
    I figured out. Subscribe to audible.com and download "audibleair" from the site. Follow instructions and you are ready to go. Full function audiobook player with bookmarks and everything. This the site for download:
    http//donwload.audible.com/audibleair/java.htm
    it works with 8830 WE. Good luck let me know if you have problems...

bless,
    audiobook addict
    Last edited by Jcampo; 02-23-08 at 12:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-23-08 12:15 AM
    Thanks, JCampo! I will try it out. Hopefully it will work with my ol' 8300.
    02-23-08 09:14 AM
    OK. Problem already. I don't see any BB devices listed on the download menu. Where did you download the AudibleAir application?
    Also, will the books be stored on the device memory or can it be on a memory card?
    02-23-08 09:38 AM
    Found this, not sure if your device wason the list.
    Audible OTA
    02-23-08 10:00 AM
    Peters1, use the link posted by Hazysky. Books will be place on your memory card.
    Good luck.
    02-23-08 10:19 AM
    Thanks to you both! *tear* You're awesome. Audio books are a very important part of my life.
    02-23-08 10:25 AM
    Awww. At times like this I wish I could hear!

I love a good book.
    02-23-08 10:31 AM
    Hazysky, how do you add pidture to the profile? Nice picture by the way.....
    02-26-08 11:13 PM
    Jcampo,
    I rip audiobooks from CDs and download podcasts with Audiobay. I cannot find a music player for the Blackberry that bookmarks. Have you found anything? Symbian, Palm, and Windows devices all have third party player software that has this feature.

I wrote Flipside and asked them to add the feature in their next upgrade. I'm posting here because I think if more audiobook lovers request it, they will add it.
    02-27-08 10:24 AM
    Thank you.

To add a picture go to your CrackBerry account & select edit avatar then pick a picture from your pc or elsewhere to upload (resize it to 80 x 80 first)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 10:31 AM
    I had nothing but problems with Audible on my 8310, skips, playing in incorrect order... just to much for me. I hope they get it fixed.. For now I got a 4gb Nano just for Audio Books.
    02-27-08 10:51 AM
    Thats good to know Shagasaur. Anyone one else have problems with auible air?
    02-27-08 10:55 AM
    Thats good to know Shagasaur. Anyone one else have problems with auible air?
    Waving hand--me too.....I absolutely LOVE audible.....but had to canx, my subscription because of how difficult it is to listen to on my BB......
    02-27-08 11:11 AM
    I must agree that audibleair from audible is not the best player in BB. I works fine if you save audiobooks locally in the card without streamimg. And yes Nano works much better with audible audiobooks. But to be honest so far what I have found to be the best is Creative Vision M for audiobooks. It supports protected files now availble at most libraries. I rarely buy books from audible now. I puchased a FM transmitter via cigarrette lighter plug and is redy to go with excellent sound. And to synchronize is a breeze. one minutes tops for a 10 hour book. Recently that's all it took to freedowload Defend and Pretend by Flynn. Audibleair is good for short listening indoors to kill time...with books that do not require to much concentration...that's all for now...Lets keep sharing audiobook info with each other....about the players or the books, good narrator etc. I like George Guidall.
    02-27-08 03:10 PM
    I prefer Audible. I agree that the player's got more than its share of quirks, but I think I dislike RIM's installed player just a little bit more. I save books to my card and access them from there.

Over the past week, I've listened to Duma Key (Stephen King) narrated by John Slattery, should finish Criminal Intent (William Burnhardt) narrated by Stephen Hoye on the drive home. On deck: The Appeal (John Grisham) narrated by Michael Beck.

In addition to sharing books, I would like to ask/add...do you prefer abridged or unabridged audiobooks? Me: unabridged.
    02-27-08 04:44 PM
    I've been listening to my Audible books on my Ipod. I've been considering trying to switch and listen on my BB. Thanks for all the info. I've had no problems whatsoever on my nano...I'll probably stick with that to avoid the problems. I LOVE audio books!! My preference = unabridged. I just finished "The Husband" by Dean Koontz. GOOD book!!
    02-27-08 04:58 PM
    *sigh*

wish i had a nano.
    02-27-08 05:24 PM
    mje5270, unabridged all the way. Love Grisham I have them all...Not the appeal yet. Petersn1, audibleair is fine, just got to be indoors. At least audibleair had bookmarks.
    02-27-08 07:15 PM
    If you're interested I just released a simple book player (called "Simple Book Player" on handango for this very reason. I was about to cancel my Audible subscrption because I couldnt listen to files on my Blackberry, but I figured I would write one that DOES work! Check it out :-)
    03-16-08 12:42 AM
    If you're interested I just released a simple book player (called "Simple Book Player" on handango for this very reason. I was about to cancel my Audible subscrption because I couldnt listen to files on my Blackberry, but I figured I would write one that DOES work! Check it out :-)
    Hi
    A few questions. You say you were about to cancel your audible account but that you didn't and just wrote a program that does work. I downloaded the trial version and the info txt with it does not mention audible files. This program is for mp3 only? If it bookmarks I will be more than happy to buy it but I was wondering then why you even mentioned your audible account. Am I missing something?
    The trial version is a whole different download than the regular version? You can't just add a registration code?
    Cutee
    03-17-08 02:48 PM
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Not the prettiest interface, but hopefully not buggy!
    04-08-08 10:38 PM
    Hi
    A few questions. You say you were about to cancel your audible account but that you didn't and just wrote a program that does work. I downloaded the trial version and the info txt with it does not mention audible files. This program is for mp3 only? If it bookmarks I will be more than happy to buy it but I was wondering then why you even mentioned your audible account. Am I missing something?
    The trial version is a whole different download than the regular version? You can't just add a registration code?
    Cutee
    This answer is totally late, but maybe it will still be helpful to someone. Audible allows you to burn cds of your books. Then, you can convert them to unprotected MP3s and listen to the books on whatever player you want. There are also a few methods floating around the web for converting directly from protected Audible file to unprotected MP3s. But, you're still gonna need a player for your Blackberry that bookmarks, so hats off to mobilenik for creating this program.

Alas, this is no help to me. I have an Audible subscription to the New York Times. Converting files daily would be a bit much.
    Last edited by Lil_Sunshine; 04-09-08 at 10:52 AM.
    04-09-08 10:42 AM
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Not the prettiest interface, but hopefully not buggy!
    Tommy, could you let us know what you think once you've had a chance to play around with the program?
    04-09-08 04:08 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD